11: Bonding takes time and effort

"Wait! Wait! What the hell? Who is here early in the morning?" I yelled while rubbing my eyes and going towards the door. I opened the door and saw an angry Y/n glaring at me.

She kicked my leg and I winced in pain. "Ouch! What was that for?" I frowned at her. "What the hell do you think you did last night?" she spat at me. "Well, nothing! But I wanted to," I said smirking at her.

She raised her hand to slap me but I quickly held her hand, brought it close to my mouth and kissed her palm softly. She yanked her hand away and punched my chest. I giggled at her, letting out a fake yelp playfully.

She turned around to return to her room but I held her arm. "Brekkie?" "That's why I hate nice people," she said and pulled her hand away, went to her unit, and slammed the door shut behind her. I sighed and closed my door as well.

I went to my balcony and screamed, "I'm making breakfast for us!"

"And why would you?" I heard her yell from her room. "Because I'm a good cook?" I replied while frowning. "Then cook for yourself. Why me?" she screamed again. "Because sharing is caring and I'm a clingy person so yeah," I said.

"Are you like this with everyone?" she asked, sliding the door of her balcony and poking her head out. "Do you mean like being handsome, charming, considerate, and kind?" I asked, smirking at her. "No, like being idiot, pestering, repulsive and perverted," she said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Well, whichever you like the most. I'll be that," I said, grinning at her. She grunted and pulled her hair in frustration. "I'm making breakfast and you're eating at my home. Do that as a favor for helping you last night!" I announced. She stomped and went inside her room.

----------------------------------------------

"Aren't you a lawyer? You're assaulting me!" she said while I shoved her in my car, and slammed the door after buckling her seatbelt.

For the past few weeks, I have been dropping her at her office like this and picking her up from there as well. Sometimes I have visited her office too but I just go there thrice a week or so. She used to protest in the beginning but nowadays she just accepts it quietly.

The past few days have been hectic in the office for her to adjust to the new position. But she is gradually adapting to it. It's been hectic for me as well. The CLO position is no joke. I had to do employment liaison, crisis management and security liaison, education liaison, information and resource management, guidance and referral, welcoming and orientation, and community liaison all by myself.

Y/n, Yeo Been noona and gladly even Namjoon helped me a lot.

I tried taking care of Y/n these past few weeks. Took her for lunch, made breakfast and dinner every day for her since she always skips meals, and carried her back to her home when she sleeps in my car.

I took her to an arcade last Sunday to freshen up her mood but she just stood there emotionlessly while I was the only one excited throughout our time there.

I went to the other side of the car and sat inside. She was glaring while looking in the front. I sighed and placed our bags in the back seat. I buckled my seat belt and looked at my side.

"Listen, Princess, I have work to do at my Law firm so I'll drop you at your office, and then I'm going to my office. Since I'm taking my car anyway so why can't you just take a ride? Your office is on the way. That way you're saving fuel," I calmly explained to her. She sighed and nodded her head.

Finally!

I started the engine. She was reading a file on my side while I was driving. The ride was silent throughout but I guess both of us like it that way.

"Seocho-gu stop is here, madam!" I said. "Thank you," she casually remarked and unbuckled her seatbelt, reached for her bag, and went out.

"Princess!" I called out for her and she turned back. I showed her a finger heart sign to her and blew a kiss at her. She sweetly smiled at me and showed me her middle finger while turning back and walking again.

I gasped at her action but what did I even expect? I chuckled and shook my head in disbelief. I started the engine and went towards my firm.

------------------------------------------------

"Can't you just do things right? You're always a disappointment!" my dad yelled and held my collars. I held his hands and freed myself from his grip.

"You are in my cabin. And it is not my fault if the prosecutor you hired can't do his job well. I have to be strict with workers. They don't get money for free," I announced.

My noona came to me and made me move away from him. "Dad, leave please!" she begged him. "He is a disabled child. A disgrace the black sheep of our family. I regret having you!" he said fisting his hands and glaring at us before leaving my cabin.

I was blankly staring at the door. "Noona, can you give me some space. I need some time to be alone," I announced and she nodded before leaving my room.

I sighed and sat back on my recliner. I took a sharp breath and then rubbed my face with my hands. I can never be a good son to him. He won't ever praise me in this life. I should just stop trying. This hurts. I want to cry. I feel so weak. This man tortures me mentally. This is so hard. What was my mistake ever? I've always stuck to his rules. Did everything he asked me to. Still, all I get are bad words. Y/n might have made me stronger but still, it hurts a lot. I'm not as strong as her.

I started working a bit on the papers from the junior department and focused on my work. After an hour or so, a notification alerts me and I take my phone in my hands.

***

>Princess of my life, my future wife:
My home, now!

<Me:
What? Are you fine? 😰 Hello, is this the kidnapper?

>Princess of my life, my future wife:
STFU and just come. There is a problem with Grandpa's will.

<Me:
Huh? What problem? 😱 I'm coming! Princess!!! Wait for me!!! 💕

***

I quickly got up from my seat and took my bag before walking out. On my way out of the building I heard the workers chatting about my dad having a panic attack in the elevator earlier but I didn't bother much. Karma might have hit him. I went to my car and drove back to my destination.

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

A/n: The amount of cringe I get while writing these. Oh my God!

Drop a like on this chapter. I love you~