chapter one

Brianna

Why do people feel the need to rub their relationship in the face of everyone around them? Like, girls, we know you all have tongues! I really don't need to see you try and shove it down your boyfriends throat, okay? I swear, y'all about to swallow each other.

You don't have to show me how perfect your relationship is. It's not like I cry myself to sleep every night because every guy I've dated is a cheating, lying, piece of shit. Nope, never have I ever.

I'm quite surprised that half the girls at my school aren't pregnant yet. I don't think I've ever gone to the bathroom in my entire 2 years at this school and not heard obvious noises in the stalls. Then there's me. I guess I can't say much, I'm no Virgin Mary myself. But I'm nowhere near as bad as these girls.

My heart nearly stopped as I swerved away from two people making out on the lockers. Damn hooligans. And when I did that, I almost bumped into a brunette with tears in his eyes. He muttered a small "sorry" and wiped his eyes a little as he walked away.

Poor kid, he looked quite familiar, though. I think he may have been in my math class. Was it... Sam? Shane? I don't really know. I wanted to know why he looked so sad, hurt almost. But who am I to interfere with a stranger's life.

***

As last hour rolled around, I decided skipping last period wouldn't hurt. So, I waited as all the students got into class and security followed into different offices. I then started to make my way out to the field, but something stopped me. I could hear faint sobs and whimpers coming from somewhere in the hall. My thin eyebrows furrowed as I looked for the sound.

I finally was lead to a janitor's closet that held the loudest form of the cries. My knuckles knocked softly before I pushed the door opened. Inside revealed the same brunette from this morning, his eyes puffy and damp. He looked up at me quickly and tried to act as if nothing had happened.

"Um- I. Hi," he said quietly.

"Hi,"

We stared at each other for a little longer. He tried to look tough and wiped his eyes and I smiled subtly.

"You okay?"

He nodded quickly and ignored my eyes. I asked him again but this time, he burst into tears.

My eyes softened, " Oh, honey,"

I sat down next to him by his spot on the floor. I wrapped my arms around him out of instinct and shushed his sobs. He melted into my hug and embraced me warmly. What a cutie.

"What's wrong, babe?" I asked softly. I didn't want intimidate him with my usually loud voice. I felt that was best.

"M-my girlf-friend c-cheated on m-me," he sobbed. I got the sudden urge to find this girl and rip her extensions right out of her head. Yes, they probably were. Not many girls here have actual hair. Just saying.

"I-in my own c-car," the boy squeaked. Oh, hell to the motherfuckin' no.

"Oh, honey. I'm so sorry. Who was it?" My voice demanded to him. A sudden motherly rage washed over me and made me want to kill this girl. He looks like such a sweet guy.

"Penny. Penny Roberts," Oh, that slut! She helped on of my boyfriends cheat on me! And here she is taking advantage of this poor child. I will find her. And I will kill her.

"Oh," was all that escaped my lips.

"Who are you?" I smiled at him.

"Brianna, at your service. What about you?"

"Shawn,"

That's what it was! Shawn! Finally, that was killing me. But my thoughts went back to the boy in my arms.

"Anyways, lucky for you, I know what you're feeling. I've lost count of how many times a guy has cheated on me, lied to me, or hooked up with me and never spoke to me after. Yeah, my love life isn't the luckiest," I laughed gently.

Shawn stared up at me in awe " I'm sorry. You don't deserve that, you're so beautiful and sweet,"

My cheeks flushed at his comment. What a sweetheart.

"Oh, why thank you," I giggled. Shawn blushed as well and I almost died. He's the cutest thing, seriously.

The obnoxious bell rung and we looked at each other. He was the first to stand and offered his hand to me. I took it gratefully and stood up. We left the closet and began walking to the parking lot.

"Well I'm guessing you don't want to drive your car after today, so do you need a ride?" I asked warily.

"I wouldn't want to bug you. I could walk, don't worry," he said but I shook my head.

"You'd never be a bother, Shawn. Come on,"

He nodded and walked behind me. When we found my silver Volkswagen, we climbed in and I backed out of the school.

"Just keep going straight until Poppy Drive. Make a left," he explained and I nodded.

I kept driving and followed his directions as we got to the turn. It didn't take long to notice the famous neon pink Camaro that belonged to one person. Miss Penny fucking Roberts.

I saw Shawn's face pale as he noticed too. He shook his head and lowered it to his hands.

"Don't worry, babe. I got this. Gimme your flannel," I said and he looked at me warily.

"Give it!"

He obliged and I took the blue flannel in my hands and smiled.

He stared to get out but I stopped him, " Wait! Give me your phone," he handed me the device and I entered my contact quickly. Naming myself "Queen Bee" with a little heart next to it because why not?

I handed him his phone, " Now you could go,"

He muttered a "bye" and left the front seat of my car.

Penny stood in front of her car and stalked up to him. Putting her hands all over him, probably trying to get him back. I scoffed as I turned around and drove a bit. But I stopped and reversed back. I climbed out, flannel in my hands and walked up them.

"Shawn, babe, you left this in the car," I said once I reached them.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks?" He answered.

I smiled and pulled him to me. Placing an open-mouth kiss to his lips. I waved and sauntered away, looking back at both of them with the same dumbfounded look on their face. I mouthed " You're welcome" to Shawn and climbed into my car.

I drove away from the two teens with a satisfied smirk.

****

Aha, what's up guys. New book!! Yeah! Im back biotches!!!