chapter twelve

Brianna

+++

" So naturally, I raised my hand and then she straight up yelled at me about being a fucking innocent angel or some shit for 40 minutes!" 

Shawn sat on the opposite side of the table as we both ate our lunch. Sam sat with us too, but he was too busy with some chick he picked up last hour. My faux-beau was almost tearing up from laughing at my idiot teacher and I couldn't help but smile at how hard I made him laugh.

" Hey, Mendes. Since our project shit is almost done you can take a break and me and Bri can finish it, yeah?" Sam smirked. Shawn stopped laughing and glared at the bleach-blonde.

" As if I'd leave you alone with her, Samuel," he hissed. 

I gasped, " What? You don't trust me, Shawnie?" 

My hand raised to my chest in fake hurt. I knew he did but I love messing with him because he gets all upset and concerned.

" No, I trust you, baby. I just don't trust Malibu Barbie." he said grabbing my hand and narrowing his eyes at Sam. 

Sam slowly shook his head and got up to leave our wonderful table. But he didn't forget to scoop up the blonde in the mini skirt as well as wink at me first. 

" Hey! Watch your step, Samuel!" 

++

Me and Shawn walked hand and hand, going to the last class of the day. I had Anatomy where Shawn had AP Chem, which were conveniently right next door to each other. No matter how much I hated the class I was about to enter, Mal was in that class and she always made it fun. 

" Oh, so I wanted to see if we could raincheck on the park today. Malia wanted to go for coffee after class." I said looking over at my extremely tall "boyfriend". 

" Couldn't I come with you? You know, for the sake of the plan and stuff," he asked, pleading with hopeful eyes.

I cooed, " Awe, Shawnie- You know I'd love that. But me and Mal haven't had girl time in a while," 

" But what about that time you got yogurt?" He asks.

" You were there. It doesn't count, darling," 

Shawn's lips conformed ina pout and he let out a sigh, " I guess that's alright. "

" Hey, I'll still text you and stuff. And when I get back, I'll face time you right away," I reassure him, finding his clinginess a bit adorable. 

" You promise?" 

" I promise," 

++

" Ready, girly?" Malia said and hook her arm with mine. 

" But of course," I smiled at my best friend and we both huddled in to her fitting blue Volkswagen. 

Once we arrived at the coffee shop, she immediately asked the awaited updates.

" So how's Mendes?" Malia said with the straw of her coffee half-way in her mouth.

" He's fine, why?" 

Her shoulders shrug and she takes another sip of her frozen drink, " Just askin'. "

" You know we're not really a thing, right?" 

Malia's lips stoppped sipping and she looked at me like I was insane.

" What?"

" A couple months ago we made a deal that we would pretend to date and be the best couple to get back at our jackass exes. So far, it's working pretty well," I told her like it was nothing. She's my best friend, I thought she should know. 

" Are you out of your fucking mind, Brianna? You guys look like you're in love! How the fuck?!" 

" I know, Mal. It may seem crazy now, but don't worry. Its not gonna hurt us or anything and we aren't catching feelings. We both know it's fake and totally casual, " I said calmly. 

" I don't think I believe you, Bri. I see how you look at him and I especially see how Mendes looks at you. Who are you going to find that is better than him?" She shook her head as if disappointed in me. 

" I don't know, Malia. But I do know, once we completely destroy Carson and Penny, we're done," 

****

Okay, Bee. 

Okay how do y'all feel about this. And do you guys really believe Brianna isnt catching those feels? 

Sorry again for being stupid and taking years for an update. We're nearly to 7k and 100 comments, so uhm THANK YOU. I really hope you guys like this book. I really like writing it, I just get really stuck and lazy most of the time. I'm gonna finish it for you guys, so don't worry. 

Votes and Comments are very nice and appeciated *wink wink* lol okay. Love ya.

-K