chapter five

Brianna

Everyday, my goal is to go about school discretely and quickly. If it was my choice, or anyone's in that matter, I'd be in the cave that is my bed with my entire fridge and random music blasting from my phone. But sadly, I can't. So, Plan B is to ignore everyone and everything at school and just pass. And it's quite hard to do that when I'm bombarded by dirty, jealous looks shot my way and countless questions about Shawn and I's "relationship"

My answers are always the same. " Oh, he's so nice" is actually a " Leave me the fuck alone", and " Ugh, Shawn's an amazing kisser" is really a " Shoot me now". Hopeless romantic freshmans will not leave me alone and I'm just about ready to go on a rampage. The only thing really getting me through this is getting to see...Shawn. Fake, Brianna. This is a fake relationship.

" Ew, get the fuck away from me,"

My ears picked up a screechy tone that I recognized. I really do not need this

I scoffed right in her make-up caked face, " I don't need this, Penny"

" You bumped into me so I expect an apology because you probably got herpes on my new sweater," the bitch smirked.

My eyes rolled at her childish attempt at an insult. " I'm sorry, Penny. Now your perfume smells like a gass leak, bye "

Penny's eyes widened and she huffed, turning herself and little gang with a snap of her fingers toards her locker. After a roll of my eyes, I did the same and got my books needed from my locker. Before I could start to walk to my next classes, a pair of arms were around me in a tight hug.

" Hey, Bree," I smiled at his cute voice. Penny still stared us down with her contorted face. Hey, what the hell?

I smirked at Shawn as a signal and after he nodded, my hands were on his shirt collar and our lips were smashed together. We both heard Penny's dumb mouth scoff like she always had. I felt Shawn smirking against my lips and I couldn't help but let out a giggle, breaking the kiss.

"I'm sorry but she annoys the fuck outta me, hun," I told him.

"It's fine. Now that I think about it, I really don't know why I even liked her, let alone dated her, in the first place,"

I smiled, " That's true,"

We walked away from all the stares and into the halls for the beginning of class. Sadly, me and Shawn didn't have the same class first hour. But him being the doll that he is, he walks me to class every morning. 

" Hey, you should come over after classes," I told him when we arrived at the door of my Home-Ec class.  

His cheeks turn a chrimson red and his adorable smile etched onto his face.

" Um, okay. Sure," he said sheepishly. 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah,"

I grinned at his cuteness, " Alright, see you then," 

***

" Mother, we're home!" I screamed like I always do when I arrived home. I noticed Shawn jump a little when I did. His eyes widened at mine and I giggled.

"Hey, I was gonna call y- oh my gosh who the fuck are you?!" 

My mother walked in with a spatula in her hand, eyeing Shawn suspiciously. 

"Mom, please! This is Shawn, my...uh. My fri-" 

"Shawn Mendes, boyfriend," Shawn interrupted with a big smile on his face. 

I widened my eyes at him ad he apologized with his eyes before offering his hand to my mom. 

My mom looked surprised as she shook his hand, being that she was used to being given a simple wave as a greeting from my other boyfriends. 

" Well, um, hi Shawn. I'm Brianna's mom, obviously," she said awkwardly. My mother isn't your tipical, how you say, mature or responsible mom. She and I are practically the same person exept she watches Russian sit-coms and laughs because she has no idea what's happening. 

" Of course, Mrs. Solis. Wonderful to meet you," Shawn smiled again and I tried not to laugh at the scene in front of me. No boy has ever done this and Shawn is his polite self, my mother not knowing what to do.

" Alright, I'm just gonna skip all the " Oh, dear. Please call me blah-blah-blah" shit. My name's Holly. Brianna, Chrissie's in your room, get her out I guess." 

" Okay," Shawn and I answered together as I dragged him up the stairs.

" Your mom is nice," He said laughing a bit.

" Yeah, she is," 

I opened my door and found my little sister in my basket of magazines. 

" Out, now!" I demanded.

" But why? i'm not doing anything," her small lips pulled into a pout. 

" No, out." 

I looked back to where Shawn was supposed to be sitting to apologize for my dear sister, but saw nothing. I back looked at my sister and he somehow got to the floor and was making my little sister giggle. 

" Shawn, what are you doing?" 

" I'm sorry, bee. I love kids," he smiled and held my sister cutely. 

My heart. 

" Oh, um, I guess she can stay then," I said and scratched my neck. I decided to just go with it and sat with them on my fluffy floor rug.

He continued to make my sister laugh and I simply smiled. Shawn makes every guy I've ever dated look like a dirty sock. Even though they all were. Just the fact that he was so nice with my family made me swoon. And question classifying our relationship "fake". 

" Bree, you finally brought a prince home!" 

*******

I am so sorry for the late update. I'm terrible, I know. I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you the comments and votes, darlings. I really appreciate them. :) Shawn loves you all. 

-K