Chapter 1: The Murphy's law

First days are already a great deal of torture but it gets even lousier when you are getting late.

All because of mom and her 'breakfasts are important' philosophy. Though I spent half an hour rehearsing obvious conversations and maintaining a poker face but still I can't be blamed, you don't enter a battlefield without ammunitions do you ?

School is not far from my house but still I was literally running to somehow make it on time.

As I reached the classroom door panting the attendance had already begun.
The teacher rolled his eyes and then thankfully allowed me in.

I was criticising my existence as the teacher called out the names.
This day can't get any more worse.

Did I actually heard what I heard uh....um n..no that.....can't....
DAMN!!

Is that Neil Milton?? the teacher called out his name my wh...what is he .....why is he here? and he is with both of his minions Mike and Chris ?
Mike left the city two years ago how....is he back?!!!

I have never been in the same class with them since I was eight.

My hands were shivering and I was able to hear my heartbeat
This can't be true. I wanna wake up from this awful nightmare.

I decided to focus on the topic going on in the class but I pathetically failed.

What are they gonna do with me after the class? Well we are in the ground floor so thankfully even if I get pushed anywhere, I won't die.

Have they noticed my presence ??

I just kept staring at the clock, I wanted to run, I wanted to merge in some abyss, I wanted Nick Furie to come and declare that I am an Avenger and take me from here forever .... Or anything less impossible.

As the bell rung I jumped from my bench and rushed to the washroom.
And looked at me in the washroom mirror. I was nothing but a pale girl with pimpled face, with her curly hair tied up in a pony. I have gained some weight in past months. I am nothing of a cover page girl.

I still found it difficult to breathe. I could picture children shouting "geeky weaky", while I was on the floor in my head.
I tried to shut my thoughts up.
But they are way too loud and powerful for me to control.

I decided to miss the next class and stay here in the nice safe washroom.

***

When I returned Emily asked me about my whereabouts.

I hurriedly replied "got my periods i was with the nurse for fetching a pad."
The worst excuse of all time. How can I be this dumb?
And what she asked next was exactly what I anticipated,
"It took you forty five minutes to get a pad"

Another dumb response on its way.

"I was having cramps .... With great periods comes great responsibility...... of handling cramps"
I can clearly imagine spider man punching me in face.

But Mr. Martz our history teacher rescued me from this conversation by giving both of us wrathful stares.

To be honest he is my God from now onwards for saving me.

***
Finally the day was over and I am alive!!