Chapter 8: Clash Of Clans

It was the time for the worst part of the year. The group project exhibitions. Group projects only teach you one thing, that is how much you can hate your own classmates.

No one knows how every year you are stuck with the laziest or the most quarrelsome people. Either no one does anything or no one let others do anything, there's no in between.

Mr. Martz was dividing us in groups. Till then it was a painless process, but then, ofcourse things can't be that easy. He made me the leader of my group. No that is something I don't have the calibre to handle.

"I can't be the leader, I can't handle that responsibility." I told him after the class.

"Hazel Murphy, I've always seen a powerful leader inside you, though you don't speak much, but still." He replied.

There was no use of protesting. I've never in my life seen a normal person inside me, from where the hell on Earth has he seen a leader inside me. Mr. Martz has got some serious eyesight issues.

So my group basically consisted of people who don't do anything neither they let others do anything. I got the combination of both possible cases.

We sat together to make a strategy. Our topic was 'misogyny'. One person gave an idea and others opposed it, and this beautiful discussion continued for two hours. No one did anything and but they did give me a serious headache.

The next day we met again. They won't consent on anything. Two people in the group don't even agree to the fact that misogyny still exists.

The next day I texted everyone, I gave them sub-headings to write about. So that we could atleast present a file. The next day I got few taunts that I didn't ask them before giving them topics....and that I'm acting like a dictator (I'm the group leader for god's sake). I also got two entirely Wikipedia copied articles, ironically, from those two people who don't accept existence of misogyny.

I edited the two articles I got. Made the file cover and wrote some of the articles myself. I also requested the rest dictatorship protesters to please give thier work.

I got all the articles finally after a week.

We still need a model, survey, case studies, wall magazine, interviews. I'm pretty confident we won't be able to make it till the end.

We met again to discuss who will do what. Everyone was arguing and suggesting others to what to do. No one was taking initiative about what they themselves should do. A heated argument was happening over there, the only person who wasn't speaking anything was me a.k.a. the powerful leader.

Two weeks passed. We don't have a model neither a wall magazine but we do have case studies, surveys and interview but in our rough notebooks. From the point of view of exhibition, we had nothing.

The exhibition is next week.

I seriously gotta be the powerful leader now. I prepared a little speech and precautionarily took pills for headache.

I called everyone to meet again. This time when they started thier arguments, I banged my book on the desk and started yelling.

"Shut up for god's sake just shut up!!! Listen you guys have spent a lot of time blaming or criticising each other but that will not get us out of this. I'm the group leader and you gotta obey me!!!! 'There is no I in team work'. EVERYONE SHUT UP AND START DOING SOME REAL WORK, WHICH ALL OF YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO START DOING LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO!!!"

The two who deny misogyny's existence, actually started working. I congratulated myself mentally.

Now, one of the dictatorship protesters  said in an astonished tone, "I never knew she could scream."

Then the another member turned to me and said,"okay, but why the hell are you yelling at us? That was rude."

I seriously want Mr. Martz to see all this and tell me where the hell on earth is the powerful leader.

I picked up my things and left.

I asked the two working people to please make the model.

I worked hard the entire week and did the rest of the work myself.

On the day of exhibition I presented everything and gave everyone credits for the work they never did. Everyone was happy. No one argued on this. Even I was happy as it was finally over.

When the results were announced, we ofcourse didn't win. All my group members threw angry glares at me but I don't care, I'm just happy it's over.

Why the hell are they even angry they did nothing?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!!
Hope you enjoyed.