Chapter 10: Thunder Heist

I am finally back to school, it sucked at first but now I'm kinda relieved as nothing has happened yet. No one is even talking about that fall.

The thought that 'nobody cares about what you're doing' is so relaxing and awful at the same time.

Today's Susan's birthday but she is sick. Hence, she is upset like hell. She won't have an extravagant party now. Which's happy for me but I still feel bad for her, she was planning it for so long.

I wished her in the morning before coming to school today. She sounded so dejected.

The school day went by smoothly, today was no geography class so I would say it went by rather happily.

At the time of dispersal we went to pay a visit to our dogs. I love them, all of them.

I started fondling one of them.

"Hazel Murphy"

I voice said from behind me. I recognise that voice. I got froze. Neil. I didn't even have the courage to turn around. I got goosebumps. Will he hurt me? Make fun of the entire falling incident?

"May we help you?" Emily asked.

"I actually wanted to adopt a dog and Chris has brought a dog for you guys to keep here." Neil replied.

I don't want any of my dogs to go to him, but I don't have the courage to say so either. He belongs to a good family, whichever dog he takes, he can provide good life to it. A life better than the streets, a life better than here.

He took my favourite one. Though no one can surpass my mjöllnir but that one nevertheless was close to me. I'd brought that one myself here. He was shivering in rain, when I picked him up and brought him here.

Neil picked him up, Emily noted down Neil's name for records and took the dog Chris had. She put that new dog with others.

Neil started to leave.

"Neil wait!" I called him out.

He turned back. For a moment there was silence. I was still not able to believe what I just did.

After few moments he said," What?"

I gathered up every bit of courage present in me.

"I just wanted to say him goodbye. May I?"

He came a few steps nearer, my heart did a somersault in terror. He handed over the dog to me.

I fondled the dog. "Goodbye sweetheart, best of luck." I whispered in his ear.

And handed over it back to Neil. I immediately turned back to the other dogs.

"You guys are doing a great job." Chris said.

Monster trying to be an angel. What a nightmare!!

Emily then replied,"I was quite hesitant when, I got this idea but I had to save these dogs, and Hazel helped me."

Did I heard it was her plan? That's awful of her but I want my bullies to leave me as quick as they can. So I'm not objecting.

As Emily and I were leaving from school, I got an idea,

"Listen, why don't we plan a party for Sussy?"

"Haze, she is sick."

"Not a huge one just a small get together kinda one. Just me, you and some of her other friends. Like five-six people. It won't be that exhausting for her. She wanted a party so bad, she'll love it."

"Let me call her friends then."

***

We arranged everything without letting Susan know. After everything was ready and everyone came, Emily and I went to her room to call her.

"Happy Birthday Sussy!!!!" We both screamed in union.

"Thanks", she replied in a low tone.

"C'mon, come down with us." Emily said.

Susan replied," guys I really don't..."

I said interrupting her,"c'mon please."

We brought her downstairs.

She was brimming with joy as she saw everyone. She gave a suffocating hug to both of us. Throughout the party we made sure that everything doesn't get too exhausting for her.

She looked genuinely pleased.

I went to get myself a glass of water. Then I heard Susan and Emily's conversation.

"Thanks for the party, both of you're the best." Susan said.

Emily responded,"when I came up with the idea Hazel was a bit reluctant but then I convinced her that you're gonna be so happy."

Hang on, she did this again. I felt really bad, but I'm still not objecting, Susan is so happy. I can't jeopardize her mood by creating a scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading
Do drop your comments about the chapter