Chapter 11: Morphine

The mid term exams are round the corner. Literally everyone is on the verge of a panic attack.

Now I'm about to say something tremendously controversial and maybe pathetically nerdy, I kinda like exams.

I know sane students are supposed to hate exams, but exams are like morphine to me. They've a simple principle - do hard work and get the result. The good grades make me feel good about myself. After spending the entire year being nothing, exam results allow me to be something.

When you get good grades, you get respect. Everyone aspire to be like you at the time of results. After exams though for a short span of time, I feel proud of myself.

I know exams demand hell lot of hard work but some things are worth working hard for.

***

I spent majority of my time explaining mjöllnir chapters these days. It helps me prepare better. He is really a good student, he listens unlike Oogway who just runs here and there.

I haven't checked my ig feed since two weeks now. Can't compromise with my morphine dose.

While you're preparing for exams, time flies at the speed of light. Exams are next week and now I'm beginning to panic a little bit. What if I messed up?

Susan and Emily are not very studious people. They've been hanging out the entire time.

***

It's finally the exam day and I'm dying with fear. I've studied everything but I don't trust myself very much.

"Haze have some breakfast." Mom called me out as I was leaving for school.

"No mom, I'm gonna throw up if I ate something."

As I reached school Susan came to me to get some last minute overview of the chapters. She was panicking, everyone around me was panicking. It kinda a feels weirdly nice to see people like that, I mean generally I'm the only one in that state, but on the days of exams everyone becomes me.

***

The question paper was quite easy. I was peacefully giving my examination when I heard whispers from my back.

It were Chris and Mike. I turned in a reflex action. God... Why the hell did I turned?! They saw that I saw them cheating.

"Hey Murphy, I hope you're not gonna tell the teacher." Mike said in a serious tone.

I got goosebumps. I didn't have the strength to speak something so I simply nodded in agreement.

Why all this happens with me? Why do destiny has to bring them always near me? Why? Why?

I just tried to focus on my answer sheet which was quite difficult to do now. Luckily I'd already done majority of the questions so my morphine dose will not be unsatisfactory.

After half an hour when the examination time was almost about to get over, Chris asked me to show answer to one of the questions.

I like an obedient child I showed him the answer.

I don't feel good about it but atleast doing so leaves me alive.

I don't wanna die yet.

***

Luckily this torture didn't occur in other subjects' exams.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed!!