Chapter 4:Birds of a feather flock together

So summer break is over and my peaceful pause from the concentration camp named school is also over.

But the one thing I'm really looking forward to is telling Susan and Emily about my Elice Mist thing. They were busy in their own errands due to which I wasn't able to give them the news. It has been many days since my report was posted but I still get exhilarated on remembering it.

As I entered the school, I saw both of them in the corridor. They both were scrolling their Instagram feeds when I joined them.

I hugged both of them after which they both continued their scrolling.

And without taking a single breathe I narrated the entire tale. My face was brimming with joy as my narration continued.

Susan looked up from her phone and with a deep sigh said, "congrats but don't you think all this was stupid on their end, I mean they can't do anything by just writing essays and posting it on Instagram. People won't stop giving birth to children by reading your essays."

I after a pause replied,"maybe writing essays is a part of analysing the problem and it is better than ignoring it all together."

Emily then added,"but it is boring , isn't it ? Population and stuff....Nevermind congrats haze."

Susan then again added,"and I don't even understand why people even care about journalists what do they do? Tell fabricated one-sided news?? I mean this may sound stereotypical but most of them do this."

I mentally slapped myself for even telling them.

It's not the first time this is happening.

I understand that they might have different opinions about certain subjects, but they can atleast not disrespect mine if they don't agree with it.

They ruined this entire thing for me. When I get happy I expect people close to me to get happy for me. Well that is not happening now.

Well even I find the entire field of archeology the field of geeks but I never said it on Susan's face.

You know there is a saying 'birds of a feather flock together' ...... Sometimes feel I'm flocking in the wrong place.

They both are not bad people but they both are way .. way ...way too different from me.

Everytime I'm around them I feel like I'm with them but I'm not a part of them.

Like there is something in between, some kind of huge wall which no one knew how got created but everyone knew that it existed.

Sometimes there are certain things which no matter how much you wanna sort out, you can't. Certain diseases have no cure. This wall between us can't be removed.

Above all they both are bearing me........ That's a big deal. They are the only friends I got in my seventeen years of life. Otherwise I was just a friendless girl who use to get bullied. Being around them is better than being alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was a small one... Hope you guys enjoyed
Happy reading!!