Chapter 17: Kicking The Bucket

It's been one week since the picnic and I'm back to my normal Hazel Murphy mode.

Today as I was coming back from school. I saw my mom talking to Hannah and her mom. (Hannah is a part of that group which lives in my area and they've been going to school together).

I just have this weird feeling that something very terrible is about to happen.

I immediately rushed to my home. Nice and safe home.

After about ten minutes my mom called me downstairs.

"Hazel, Hannah is having a party and all of your classmates will be there."

I can anticipate where the hell this conversation is about to go. The very terrible is happening.

"Mom, no!"

"Hazel, her mother invited you as well, she didn't know that you were my daughter."

"Then why did you tell them?!"

"C'mon Haze it's just a party. Act like normal teenagers."

"Mom, I'm not going anywhere."

"Yes you'll."

"No!"

"Hazel you're going, c'mon every other schoolmate would be there."

"That's why I don't wanna go."

"Hazel, it's matter of just one evening. And it's on Sunday, I'm going to a friend's, I'll be late hence you've to go or sleep without a dinner that day."

"I'll order."

"Hazel I want you to get out of your shell, you're going or you lose your phone."

"Okay fine."

Oh hell!!!!!

***

I don't wanna go but I don't wanna lose my phone either. God!!!

I gotta decide some no-one-can-notice-me-clothes. I love to wear such clothes. Susan and Emily are also gonna be there. And so will Neil, Chris, Mike, Amanda and Wanda.

It's gonna be a disaster.

***

I wore a shirt and jeans but then my mom made me change.

Then I wore a crop top and golden skirt.

My mom dropped me to the venue which was just five minutes away from my home, I would've easily walked but this is my mom's way of ensuring that I attend the party.

***

As anticipated the party was terribly crowded or to rephrase it - it was a disaster.

I scanned the entire area to find Susan and Emily but I couldn't.

I was making my way through the crowd in search of them when I stumbled into Neil and he had a glass of water in his hand which spilt partially on him and partially on me.

I wanted to die at the very moment. I've never in my life felt this scared. I without a moment hurriedly moved from there and this time I finally saw Susan and Emily.

I wish I didn't.

Both of them were talking to Amanda and Wanda. All four of them were laughing, sharing snacks and clicking pictures.

Susan and Emily have this enormous super power to make me feel like crap almost everyday but this time I almost felt like crying. They knew I was bullied by both of them. They knew it still hurts. They knew how much this would've bothered me.

I called them.

They came towards me and Susan said,"we thought you won't come."

I said in a shaking tone," what were you both doing with them? You know they bullied me, you know how much it matters to me!!!"

"Hazel, that was nine years ago, for god's sake!!!" Emily said.

"You're seriously over-reacting," Susan added.

"Like you always do, you over-react over stupid issues. You're messed up like hell." Emily added.

"Yes, you failed to protect yourself. And now you blame literally everything and everyone for it. What did you expect? Some super hero would come and save you?" Susan said.

I stood quiet and stunned.

Emily continued,"Hazel you were a parasite, you don't have the right to yell at us for talking to them."

Susan added," you may find all this rude but this is the fact, if it bothered you so much than why did you let it happen. You're weak, stop blaming others for that."

I without saying a word, left. I didn't want to turn or to give any explanations. I had no strength to fight. I couldn't believe what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading,
Do let me know your views regarding what Susan and Emily said.