Chapter 16: Live, Love, Laugh

It was Sunday. The picnic day. On contrary to the weather reports, today was terribly cloudy. It appeared as if it would rain any second now.

One thing we learnt today is that weather forecasters are as trustworthy as politicians.

Emily joined us all prepared. She had three umbrellas two small raincoats for Susan's dog and Mjöllnir. Emily is always prepared, I'm sure that if today a meteorite crashes on Earth, she'll have something to protect us from that even.

As we reached to the park. We spread our sheets and then Susan and Emily left to make some reels. I don't like making reels but I like watching them. I don't have a problem with them making it without me, I'm happy in my comfort zone.

I scrolled my Instagram feed for sometime. Mjöllnir was lying beside me, he wasn't running around like Susan's dog. He is like me.

It was peaceful out there, due to the cloudy weather, there was almost no one other than us.

I lied down on the sheet. And took a deep sigh as I felt the cold wind over my face. That's the power of nature it can heal bruised hearts. As if nature's sole purpose was to make you feel that life was worth living.

I stood up and started fondling Mjöllnir. He put his head on my lap and took a deep sigh.

After about five minutes I got up and approached towards the swing. Throughout my childhood I've never been on any swing other than when my father used to take me to the park (but that wasn't often). I was always very scared to swing. I was worried that I will fall or someone will push me or everyone will laugh if I fell.

Not swinging is one of the biggest regrets of my life.

I slowly went and sat on the swing. I could feel the cold breeze over my face.

I leaned a bit backwards and started to swing gently. I leaned a bit more, till my body formed an arc over the swing. My hair interacted with the grass as I swang making a weak rustling sound. Today I regret not swinging my entire life even more. That makes me wonder, how many such beautiful things my anxiety has made me miss? I closed my eyes and continued to swing gently.

After five minutes of that bliss, I heard a thunderbolt. It started to rain. Susan and Emily immediately opened their umbrellas and than they made Mjöllnir and Susan's dog wear the raincoats.

They called me but I didn't want to go or to come under any umbrella.

I wanted to remain in this bliss forever.
I felt the raindrops fall on my face and make their way through my hair and neck. I continued swinging.

Today I felt happy, I felt free, I felt alive.

Joel Diker once described his day as 'It had been a beautiful day, one of those days in which for no particular reason it was easy to live,' and today I felt that quote to the core my soul.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading,
Hope you enjoyed the chapter