Chapter 15: Half Full / Half Empty

It's November now. Finally winters are approaching. Anyone can easily feel the signals of its arrival in the chilled breeze.

I was never a summer person. I always liked the cloudy skies, cold winds, misty atmosphere.

There is something about winters that makes it more peaceful than summers or any other season.

Winter has a peculiar silence, things are quieter in winters. Everything gets beautifully pleasant in winters. Whereas summers are loud, dusty, sweaty. I crave winters. Solitude and silence has a unique allure.

I took a deep exhale in the cold ambience of our playground when I heard the bell. Today we're having an extempore in our English class.

I'm not scared actually. I'm in a good mood due to the cold weather and our teacher Ms. Frost is actually very sweet. I know she won't get mad if I spoke something wrong. She makes everyone feel valued. We're allowed to fall, learn, get up in her class.

An additional factor is MUN. MUN has marginally (very very very very very small margin) increased my confidence.

***

My speech went good. I'm happy or to be specific I was.

I was talking to Susan and Emily when a junior heard us and approached us.

She said to me,"I thought you've some speach issues."

I rolling my eyes asked," why do you've that thought?"

"I've never heard you speak and you only talk to these two girls."

"Are you a complete idiot?"

She rolled her eyes and left. Susan and Emily broke into laughter.

***

I was leaving for home, when I saw Chris and Mike fighting. They both were savagely hurting each other. Neil came to stop them but even he got into the fight.

Everyone around them were cheering. All that was scary, although it had nothing to do with me but their aggressive phase was scary.

All three of them were immediately called to the principal office.

I hate fighting. I hate anything that involves being aggressive. It scares the hell out of me.

Thank god it's over.

***

Susan and Emily have been hanging out together a lot lately. So, when today they asked me to join them for a picnic I was a bit amazed. I thought that quiet people are out of their hanging out gang now.

"How many people are gonna be there?" I asked.

"Only us three", Susan replied.

That won't be painful. I agreed to join them.

"When is it?" I asked.

"On Sunday", she replied.

"I'll be there", I replied

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading
Hope you enjoyed :-)