Chapter 20 - END

*Ryoma POV

After the incident, Taiga and I were sent to a hospital to treat our wounds. After the doctor had finished, Izumi entered the room and told us about the situation.

Ryoma: "So, how's the situation?"

Izumi: "Yoshikawa-san and the other cops are preparing for Terada's trial, he said that no lawyer wants to cover his case, they found too much evidence against Terada, and it will be hard to counter that "

Taiga: "Well, that's reassuring. By the way, we killed Harada back then, we're not charged with anything, aren't we?"

Izumi: "Don't worry, Yoshikawa-san managed to cover both of you. So, you won't be pressed with any charges."

Ryoma: "That's good to hear, I was worried about that for a while."

I then realized Izumi's saddened face.

Ryoma: "Hey... I'm sorry about your father..."

Izumi: "I told you before, it's fine."

Taiga: "You okay, bro?"

Izumi: "Not really... Oh, by the way, I read his last letter from my dad."

Ryoma: "Oh... you read it already?"

Izumi: "Yeah... he wanted me to reconcile with my mother, I used to avoid any topic about her, so I guess that's why he wrote it in a letter."

Ryoma: "I see..."

After we talked for a while, Ichika, Satomi, and Subaru entered the hospital room.

Subaru: "Hey, how're you doing?"

Taiga: "Not bad, I guess. Well, since I don't have any bullet in my body."

Ryoma: (-_-) "Yeah, that bastard shot me in the stomach."

Subaru: "Ouch..."

Ichika: "So, how long will you be staying here?"

Taiga: "I don't know yet, the doctor hasn't told us anything."

Ryoma: "Hey, how's Kyoko doing?"

Satomi: "She's fine right now, the doctor has examined her and she doesn't have any serious injuries."

Ryoma: "That's good to hear."

Subaru: "Oh yeah, Producer Himegami left us a message."

Subaru: "She said that she will be leaving Nebula Production."

Ryoma: "What? She's going to leave?"

Subaru: "Yeah, she said that she will return to her original unit."

Ryoma: "I see, that's understandable."

Subaru: "Anddd, we got another D4 FES invitation in the next few months..."

Ryoma: "..."

Ryoma: "That was fast..."

Subaru: "I know right... But focus on your recovery, mate."

Ryoma: *giggles* "Will do."

After the others visited us in our hospital room, the doctor returned and did a check-up for both of us, and Taiga was allowed to rest at his home while I needed to stay for a few weeks.

*Timeskip to nighttime

Nighttime has come and I began to feel bored since I was alone in the room. So, I decided to go for a walk. As I walked out, I saw Kyoko's father standing in the hallway, leaning his back on the wall.