Chapter 4

February 2017

Scarlett's POV:

It is Melanie's first gymnastics competition today and she is very excited, she has been doing very well in gymnastics and the coach said she has potential to be great.

I am sitting on the couch with Melanie on my lap while I do her hair, I am doing a french braid going into a bun and I am putting a black bow into her hair as well.

She is wearing a black and white leotard and has a black tracksuit over it, I slip on her trainers and check to see if Lizzie and Rose are ready.

MELANIE'S HAIR:

MELANIE'S LEOTARD:

MELANIE'S LEOTARD:

"Come on we have to go!"I shout up to Lizzie and Rose, they eventually come downstairs and we all head out into the car

Melanie and Rose are watching movies or YouTube on their iPads while I'm driving and Lizzie is talking to me while we sit in the front together.

We get to the venue and I get Melanie out and into the building because we need to get there fast, Rose and Lizzie will come a little later because they aren't in a rush.

We make it over to Melanie's coach and she tells us to go and sit down and get ready, I bring Melanie over to her teammates and she takes her jacket off but keeps her tracksuit bottoms on.

I take her trainers off because it will be easier to get ready, she plays with her teammates for a little bit until the coach tells everyone that we need to be ready in 5 minutes, I take Melanie's tracksuits bottoms off and her socks.

She is doing floor first which she loves, her and her teammates go to the floor and they go up one by one to have their go, Melanie is up next and Lizzie and Rose come in just in time, they sit beside me and watch Melanie.

Melanie does her floor routine amazingly but it is all up to the judges on what score she gets, next is bars, Melanie struggles a little on the bars but I think she will be okay.

She does her bar routine and she made a few mistakes but she kept going until the end which I am proud of her for.

She does her beam routine, she made a couple of mistakes here and there but everything else was good, she then did her vault which was okay but she needs to work on her legs and feet.

After that she was finished and can back to me and Lizzie, Rose was off playing with the younger girls from Melanie's gymnastics.

"You did so good baby"I whisper to Melanie and she smiles and sits on my lap, I kiss her head and she smiles even wider.

We all wait until the results and Melanie and her team go up to get there results.

"And first place for floor with a score of 8.30 is Melanie Johansson - Olsen from Elite Gymnastics!"The announcer says and me and Lizzie jump up and cheer for her along with the other moms and dads. Melanie and her coach go up and get her award that is very big almost as big as her making me smile.

She smiles at me and Lizzie and we give her a thumbs up, she gets the rest of her results and she got 5th place for her bar routine, 4th place for her vault and 2nd in her beam.

She runs over to us with her big trophy and Lizzie takes the trophy and I pick her up, "I'm so proud of you baby, you did so good"I say and she kiss her head and she snuggles her head into my neck and Lizzie kisses her head as well.

We all head out with Rose behind us whining that she didn't get to finish playing with her new friends, I buckle Melanie into her car seat and Lizzie puts Rose in hers before we all head hone after a long and amazing day.