Chapter 11

September 2017

Scarlett's POV:

I wake up at 6am since it is Melanie's first day in kindergarten, she is growing up so much and already so mature.

I have a nice and relaxing shower before getting changed and doing my hair and makeup, I leave Elizabeth to sleep while I go downstairs.

Melanie doesn't start until 8:30 so she doesn't have to wake up until 7:30, I make myself a coffee and sit and watch some tv while drinking it.

I make Melanie a little lunch as she will have a little snack break during the day and then I put it in her little backpack along with her colouring pens and her colouring book which she loves and never lets anyone colour in except herself.

I walk upstairs and into Melanie's room, I walk into her closet and grab an outfit out for her, I just grab a pair of a black leggings, a pink unicorn top and some pink light up shoes for her to wear.

I grab her two little pink bows for her hair and then grab her brush and the spray bottle.

I wake her up and bring her out to the living room so she can stay awake while I get her ready, I change her and then do her hair.

She just watches some cartoons and bring her out a bowl of cereal to eat before we leave, she eats slowly and I help her because she is a very messy eater when she is tired.

I grab her backpack and give it to her and she brings it out to the car and buckles herself in, I make sure she did it right and then get in my seat and drive to her kindergarten.

I help her out of the car and lead her into the building.

"Hello you must be Melanie, I'm Ms Jones it's nice to meet you, I'm your new teacher"Ms Jones says and Melanie hides behind my leg and I pick her up so she can face Ms Jones.

"Melanie baby say hi to Ms Jones"I say and Melanie waves shyly at her and I smile at her teacher, "Sorry she isn't the best with new people"I say and Ms Jones smiles and nods her head.

"How about we go and say hi to the other kids yea?"Ms Jones suggests and I nod my head and bring Melanie into the main area and see a lot of kids playing and running around but one little boy is sitting by himself looking at all of the kids.

"Melanie baby, that boy seems sad do you wanna maybe make friends with him to make him happy again?"I ask Melanie and she nods her head and I place her down and she walks over to him.

He looks up to her and smiles at her, Melanie smiles back and they start to talk until they run over to me holding hands.

"Mama this is my new best friend James"She says and I smile and nod my head, "Hi James I'm Melanie's mama Scarlett but you can just call me Scarly if you want"I say and James nods his head and smiles at me.

"Hey James who are these?"A man asks as he walks up to us with a smile on his face and then a woman walks up behind him.

"Daddy and mommy this is my new best friend Melanie and her mama Scarly"James says pointing to me and Melanie.

"That's lovely Jamie"The woman says to the little boy.

"Hi I'm Scarlett"I say holding my hand out to them, "Hi I'm Isaac and this is my wife"Isaac says and shakes my hand, "I'm Aly it's so nice to meet you Scarlett"She says as she shakes my hand as well"Aly says and I smile.

"My wife Elizabeth would've been here but she had to go to work"I say and they smile and nod their heads until the kids hug us and run off to play.

"Well I guess that's the last of seeing them for the rest of their time here"Isaac says laughing causing me and Aly to laugh as well.

Melanie's going to be okay, she has a new friend but as her and James say 'new bestfriend'.