Chapter 15

December 2017

Scarlett's POV:

I walk into the living room where the party is being held and see Melanie running towards me.

"Hey baby you okay?"I ask as I pick her up and hold her under her bum.

"Too many people and music too loud"Melanie whines and holds into my dress strap.

"It's okay baby, you can stay with mama for the night then"I say and rub her back and she nods her head and lays her head on my shoulder as I walk over to Lizzie, Evans, Hemsworth and Downey.

"Hey guys"I say as I walk to them and they all stop talking and smile at me and Melanie.

"Hey Scar, how is little miss Melanie?"Hemsworth asks smiling at her but she just hides her face in my neck.

"She doesn't like the people and music that much so she is being all shy and cuddly"I say moving some hair out of her face.

"Awe baby girl"Lizzie says rubbing her back, I suddenly need to go the bathroom and I don't wanna bring Melanie with me.

"Lizzie take Mel for a second I just need to go to the bathroom"I say and pass Melanie over to Lizzie and she whines and holds onto me.

"Mama will be back in a few minutes just stay with mommy for then okay?"I say and she nods her head and snuggles up to her mommy.

Elizabeth's POV:

I hold Melanie and rock her back and forth to calm her down until Scar gets back.

"Mommy"I hear her little voice making me look down to her.

"Yes baby?"I ask smiling, she pats her pouted lips  and I smile and peck her little lips making her smile as well.

"You okay baby?"I ask and she nods her head.

"When is the party over?"She asks me, I sigh and kiss her head.

"Well it is 10pm now so we all have to wait until 12am and then we can all say happy New Years and then everyone will go home at around 2am so another 4 hours"I say and she starts tear up and whine.

"I wanna go sleep"She cries just as Scarlett comes over.

"Hey what's wrong with her?"She asks me rubbing Melanie's back.

"She wants to go to sleep but I told her that the party doesn't end until another 4 hours"I say and Scarlett sighs.

"She can go asleep I'm just going to go to find Rose and we can bring them up to get into their pyjamas and then bring them back down when they are falling asleep because I don't want them by themselves while the party is still going on"Scarlett says and I nod before we heads off to find Rose.

I calm Melanie down before Scarlett walks over with a sleepy Rose.

We bring them upstairs and get them changed and sit with them until they fall asleep in our arms.

I have Melanie and Scarlett has Rose.

We bring them downstairs and continue our conversations we had but with two sleeping kids in our arms.

4 hours later

11:58pm

"Right everyone get ready!"I say and everyone gathers around the tv while we watch the countdown.

Melanie is awake in my arms and Rose is awake in Scar's arms just for the New Year.

We wait until the countdown from 10.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!"We all shout and the girls get a fright and look around frantically after me and Scarlett kiss.

"Don't worry girls, you are safe with me and mama"I whisper to them as me and Scarlett kids their little lips for New Years.

This has been the best years so far...