Chapter 28

May 2020

Scarlett's POV:

For a few days me and Melanie have been feeling very sick, Melanie is worse than me but I am still bad, Elizabeth has been taking care of us while Rose is trying her best but she can't really do anything.

I am laying in my bed with Melanie laying on top of me while we watch cartoons, suddenly Melanie shoots up and start to cough really bad.

"Elizabeth get her water bottle and nurofen!"I shout to my wife and pat Melanie's back.

Soon Elizabeth runs in and hands me her water bottle, I help Melanie lean back and I put the water bottle to her lips and tip it so she can drink it.

She drinks a little bit and soon stops coughing harshly, she starts to cry and I bring her into my chest.

"Baby I think you two need get a COVID test"Elizabeth says and I sigh and nod, I lift Melanie up and we put some shoes on and get into the car.

I buckle Melanie in and give her a mask and I get in and put mask on and wave to Elizabeth and Rose.

"You okay baby?"I ask her and she nods her head and soon falls asleep in her car seat.

I pull up to the testing centre and someone comes to my window.

"Hello me and my daughter need to get a test because we have been severely sick for the past few days but she seems to be worse"I explain and he nods and I do mine first and then I wake Melanie up and tell her to listen to the man.

She listens and starts crying afterwards, I frown and drive off, I drive back home and get Melanie out of the car, she is sleeping again.

"How did it go?"Elizabeth asks and I smile.

"It went fine, Melanie started crying afterwards but then she fell asleep, they said that we will get the results in 24 hours"I say and she nods.

"I think it will be better if me and Melanie isolate in my bedroom because we have been staying in there for the last few days"I say and Elizabeth nods her head smiling sympathetically at me and Melanie.

I blow her a kiss and she catches it and puts it in her pocket and then she blows me one as well and I do the same thing to her.

I smile and walk up the stairs and into mine and Elizabeth's room, I lay Melanie on the bed and Elizabeth comes into her to get her clothes and other little bits.

"I'll see you later baby"She says before leaving the room, I lay in the bed with Melanie and soon fall asleep in the bed with her cuddled up to my chest.

24 hours later

"Lizzie we have it, we have to isolate for 2 weeks"I shout to my wife and I hear her coming up the stairs, she walks in with a mask on and I can just tell she is frowning.

"Why does mommy have a mask on her?"Melanie asks me looking up to Elizabeth with tired eyes.

"Because we have a virus and we don't want mommy or Rosie to get it because they will be sick"I say and Melanie nods her head and continues watching cartoons.

Elizabeth grabs her clothes and then leaves after blowing a kiss to me.

I sigh and sit in the bed with a tired Melanie.

"Mama when will this stop?"Melanie asks me with tears in her eyes.

"Only a couple of weeks and we will be back to normal"I say and kiss her head, I lift her onto my lap and we cuddle while watching Cinderella.