16 - You Don't Know Me

- Yeona PoV -

I slowly open my eyes feeling as though I got hit by a boulder. Never have I ever felt so fragile till now.

As soon as I force myself to sit up, the doors to my room open revealing Sieun. She looks at me with the biggest smile on her face as she walks in with water.

"Your highness!" She exclaims rushing over to me.

She sets down the water and sits by my side, "You look so much better!"

"What happened?" I ask. "Last thing I remember is me arguing with Queen Dowager."

"Well, you fainted," Sieun answers. "I think you got sick because of the rain. You've never gotten this sick before, so I panicked."

She places her hands on top of mines, "A lot of people were worried for you."

"Like?" I hesitantly ask thinking about one person in particular.

"You have a line of visitors outside if you want to find out," she winks before getting up.

For me not having any relationships in the palace, I sure got quite a bit of visitors. One person after another... but not the one I was looking for.

"My Lord.... her highness will play with you once she is better," explains Sieun to Lord Riki.

Lord Riki sits next to me with his soccer ball in his hands.

"I was worried that you weren't going to fulfill your promise," he pouts playing with the ball.

I giggle, "Now, why would I do that? Isn't that absurd?"

"Very!" He sulks.

"I'll make another promise that once I'm 100% better, I'll meet you down on the field for a rematch," I softly pinch his cheek.

"That's a promise!" He points at me.

I hold out my pinky, "A pinky promise!"

He links his with mine and we lock it to seal it.

After Lord Riki, Lord Sunoo storms into my chambers.

"Ya~ You know how worried I was??" Pouts Lord Sunoo. "As my future wife, you're not supposed to get sick! I already have to worry about my health! I can't be worrying about yours too!"

I've never seen him care so much for me.

"This won't do, I'll have have Lady Park make you ginseng tea twice a day," he declares.

I giggle, "You're already taking care of me? We're not even married."

"Yet!" Sunoo exclaims.

He then looks at Sieun, "You heard my request right? I will personally bring the tea if I have to."

After Lord Sunoo, Heeseung, and Sunghoon, Lord Jaeyun comes to visit even though I'm certain he wasn't there to see me considering he wasn't even looking at me.

"Sieun-ah, how is it that within one night you've lost so much weight?" He frowns looking at Sieun.

He shoots me a glare, "How dare you get sick... look at what you put her through!"

"Gee..." I mumble.

Lord Jaeyun being the last person to visit me, I wonder why Jungwon didn't come.

"Do you know where Jungwon is?" I question to Lord Jaeyun even though he seems he's in lala land staring at Sieun.

He shrugs, "Don't know. Don't care."

"You know what," Sieun says fed up as she grabs Lord Jaeyun's collar. "You need to leave!"