20 - My Romance

- Jungwon PoV -

Me and Jongseong put our hands up signaling that we're innocent to Queen Yue. Even so, she doesn't put her sword down.

She stares at us intensely with a firm grip on her sword. She may look small and fragile, but I for sure know she can take the both of us down within a second.

I mean that guard was twice our size and he's completely knocked out!

"We come in peace," Jongseong shudders.

"How can I trust Lady Sena's son, and the son of the man that was keeping me captive?" She questions taking a step closer with her sword.

"She knows who we are," Jongseong whispers loudly to me.

No shit sherlock.

"We've came to save you," Jongseong explains. "My mom is far from evil, she's crazy but not in that way, and as for Jungwonie-"

"I want out of his cuffs just as much as you do," I explain for myself. 

She doesn't seem to buy it as she then takes another step, "You don't care about anybody but yourself."

"Huh?" I frown.

"I've watched my daughter the moment she stepped into this castle. I know everybody who crossed her path... including you," she says.

At that moment we start to hear footsteps.

"Yeah, now is not the time for monologues," Jongseong says.

He then grabs me and Queen Yue's hand, and runs out of the basement.

- 3rd Person PoV -

While Queen Yue, Jungwon, and Jongseong run for safety, Jaeyun takes the opportunity to waver Sieun's heart...

"Whatcha dooin'?" Jaeyun slides next to Sieun.

"Watching over the princess my Lord," she answers pointing at a busy Yeona.

"You know," he starts to say in a whisper as he leans closer to Sieun. "A few days ago I asked if you can join me for a night out."

Sieun glances over at him. She knows very well about it. In fact, she thought about it every night since then. 

She would fantasize getting out of these court maid clothes and dress like the rest of the ladies in Joseon. To wear beautiful hair jewels instead of her maroon ribbon, to wear bedazzled shoes and to apply peach blush... to go out as a lady with her lord...

"I have to keep a close eye on her highness," she then responds. "Going out is out of the equation... it has always been."

"Sieun-ah!" Suddenly calls out Yeona.

Sieun scurries over to her, "Yes, your highness?"

"I'm in need of some new brushes," she says as she focuses on her pastry.

Sieun scrunches her face confused on Yeona's randomness in front of the suitors.

"Huh? Didn't you just buy some?" Sieun questions furrowing her eyebrows.

"I need some more," Yeona explains. "I need you to go into town to buy some."

Sieun becomes more puzzled, "But you usually go your-"

"Sieun," Yeona cuts her off as she then looks at her. "You know very well of my new restrictions and need you to go into town."

Yeona then winks at her making Sieun flinch.

"Sieun I'm ordering you to go into town tonight to buy me brushes!" Yells out Yeona to make it obvious to Jaeyun.

"Y-Your highness, no need to yell it out to the entire town," Sieun presses her finger against her ear.