Atlantes's story

(This chapter is edited)

After my classes and duty I went to the headmaster's office. Professor Snape wanted to have a word. As I walked in, the office was empty

"Uh - professor! Are you there?"

I look around but Snape was no where to be seen. I slowly walked to the table and put my Potion book on it as I decided to wait for him.

While waiting, I looked around and my eyes fall on the old hogwarts sorting hat. Something came to my mind and I walked towards the hat. I touched it

"Ah!" said the sorting hat "Malfoy? What brings you to the old sorting hat?" he asked

"I just -"

Should I say it?

"Place me on your head" said the hat

I put the hat on my head.

"You wonder, why I put you in Slytherin" said the sorting hat "you know you don't belong there"

"Yes!" I took a breath "I don't think I belong in Slytherin. It doesn't feel like - me"

"You would have done fine in Ravenclaw, yes but so much better in Gryffindor" said the hat

"Then why wasn't I a Gryffindor?" The words left my mouth at once

"It was all in your head" sorting hat said "you wanted to be a Slytherin! You knew you doesn't belong there but you wanted to be"

There was a silence, until the hat spoke again

"You were hard to place Malfoy! Yes, very hard. When I was first place on your head, you remind me of someone"

"A-Atlantes Thana?"

She was the first who came into my mind.

"Ah! Thana? Yes, yes, but you reminded me of someone else. Who was from your blood line, just like Thana, Regulus Black!"

My jaw dropped. Not because I reminded him of Regulus, he was a second cousin but the fact that the hat said 'from the blood line, just like Thana'

"Thana wasn't a - a Malfoy" I said slowly

"Yes! But she was Black" said the sorting hat. My mind can't process what the hat was talking about.

"She - can't be. She was - a - a Thana not - not Black"

"She married a Black, Miss Malfoy" came a old and a very familiar voice.

I looked to my left and saw Professor Dumbledore. I quickly took the hat out of my head and place it where it was.

Albus Dumbledore was standing in front of me. This can't be happening! Am I dreaming?

"You - you were dead" I said urgently

"Who said i wasn't" said Dumbledore

I didn't said anything because I have nothing to say but then I remember what Dumbledore just said -

"You - you said that - Thana married a Black?" I asked slowly "My mother was a Black and if that was the case then I would've known"

"There are many hidden things about Black Family, Miss Malfoy" Dumbledore said

"You were Thana's friend at hogwarts weren't you?" I asked "Indeed I was" he said nodding "she was a very brave girl but nobody understood her"

"Can you tell me more about her" I said

"I first met Atlantes Thana at the sorting ceremony. When her name was called, most of the wizards and witch's started whispering. Every pure blood knew about the Thana family. What were they like, what Atlantes did"