Chapter 13

"Come on, you need to look good if we're going to a party with the likes of Louis!" Mckenzie whines. She's offering to lend me a black dress to wear to the 'get together' tonight, but it looks tiny and I don't know how comfortable I am wearing something like that. "At least try it on?"

I sigh and snatch the fabric from her, walking into her bathroom and changing into the dress. It's plain black with lacy three-quarter length sleeves, it's really nice but the material hugs my skin so tightly and the hem only reaches the middle of my thigh and I feel way too exposed for my liking.

As I step out of the bathroom and back into Mckenzie's bedroom her eyes light up and she shrieks and jumps up and down, "You have to wear it, you look so good!"

"I don't know... I feel naked!"

"Well you look hot!"

"Why do I need to look hot, it's not like I'm going out on the pull! I have a boyfriend, remember."

Mckenzie huffs and rolls her eyes at me. I know she doesn't think too highly of Liam but she's accepted the fact that we're together at long last. She thinks he's boring and isn't as into me as he should be, but he's just busy a lot; he is good to me.

"Please?" she bats her eyelashes at me. "You don't need to be out on the pull to look good! There's nothing wrong with a little teasing," she winks, and I gasp and slap her arm whilst she throws her head back with laughter.

In the end she manages to convince me to keep the dress on - this could turn out to be an uncomfortable evening of me feeling extremely self conscious, but I know my best friend wouldn't lie and tell me something suited me if it didn't and I trust her.

Mckenzie wore a red dress with spaghetti strap sleeves and outrageously high black heels with red lipstick to match. She looked amazing with her shiny straight hair. I, however, wore boots with a small heel that I'd actually be able to walk in and as usual kept the makeup to a minimum with my dirty blonde hair in natural loose waves.

We walk to Harry's when the sun goes down and get there for eight, when we reach his driveway the house is dimly lit and the closer you got to the building the louder the music was that was escaping into the street through open windows. Mckenzie went ahead and walked straight in and we were met by the smell of alcohol along with the faint smell of smoke, and there was way too many people here for this to still be considered a 'get together'. I almost cringed at the thought of this perfect house being trashed by a bunch of unruly teenagers.

As we stepped inside and looked around for a moment I caught sight of Louis walking by with a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other, everyone he passed seemed to have something to say to him and he really appeared to be in his element since he was such a people person. He noticed us standing by the door and both of his arms raised as he jogged towards us and cheered.

"Jessica, Mckenzie, come on in! Join the party." Louis put an arm round each of our shoulders and guided us towards the living room where the party was the most alive. There were people gathered on the sofas, some playing drinking games, some just socialising and others dancing. Everyone had a cup, bottle or can of some sort in their hand and more often than not were smoking something, too. I admit I haven't been to a lot of parties, but this one was much more intense than the ones I have attended, but that may be down to the fact most of the people here were older than us.

Louis sat us down on one sofa next to Zayn who had a brunette girl sat on his knee and giggling into his ear. His hand was gripping her waist and it was strange to see him like this since the first time I met him he didn't even say anything. Louis left us and within minutes returned holding two plastic cups against his chest which he handed to us before taking a seat next to Mckenzie. I didn't know what was in the drink but I didn't want to embarrass myself by asking so I just took a sip, trying not to react when the slightly sharp taste hit my tongue. I think whatever it was, was mixed with some sort of fizzy drink because it didn't taste as bad as I'd expected.