Chapter 68

"What do you want for your birthday, Harry?"

"It's still Christmas day and you're already thinking about my birthday?" he chuckled underneath me.

Once we'd caught our breath we had showered and got back into bed, now it was nearly midnight and we were laying in the dark, cuddled up under the covers. I was tracing the butterfly tattoo just below my face on Harry's stomach, and he was skating his fingertips up and down my arm habitually.

There was something so nice about just laying with him, being close to him and just talking about whatever crossed our minds. It was amazing how far we'd come both together and as individuals since we met, we'd been through a lot together which probably helped our bond grow stronger.

"You got me the best present that I didn't even know I wanted, and now I want to give you something just as good for your birthday but I feel awful that I can't think of anything."

"I don't want anything, you don't have to spend your money on me," he insisted in a soft voice.

Nothing is more annoying than when you're rubbish at gift giving and the person says they don't want anything or they can't think of anything they want. After Harry had arranged for us to go to New York I was feeling guilty that I was so bad at presents, and wanted to surprise him for twentieth, but I was just not creative enough to think of something even half as impressive.

"You must want something," I whined, "Don't be that person."

"What you gave me earlier doesn't cost anything, I wouldn't mind more of that for my birthday."

I looked up with a playful scowl to find him smirking down his body at me. "Don't be such a boy and help!"

"I can't think of anything, honestly. If I do I'll tell you — promise."

"What about New Years? Are we doing anything?" I couldn't help but change the subject, although I was keeping with the theme of thinking about the future. I was the sort of person who liked to have everything planned out ahead of time, I didn't like uncertainty.

"Louis mentioned something about his neighbour having a massive party and said we could go if we wanted, but... I don't know," he said uninterestedly.

"Why not? Don't you want to?"

"I promised you I wouldn't drink or smoke and it'll be too much temptation. And shít always kicks off at parties, I dunno if it's worth it really."

I shifted so that my chin was on his stomach and I could look up at him again, he looked almost embarrassed and I knew it was because he'd admitted he wanted to keep his promise to me. So far he was doing impeccably at staying away from anyone or anything that could be a bad influence on him.

"Oh Harry," I said with a smile to show him how touched I was. "You don't have to never do any of that again! I wasn't even the one that said that, you were."

"I know, and I want to stick to it to make sure I don't fuçk things up again."

"Why don't we go? It'll be fun. We can take it easy and just keep to ourselves," I suggested, and he pushed my hair back out of my face with a fond grin on his face.

"If you want to then we'll go. But can we just promise each other that we won't do anything stupid? It's really not worth the hassle."

I nodded and leaned forward to peck his lips, only as I backed away he followed my movement by leaning in for more, taking my face in his hands which forced me to move my entire body up his as he pulled me towards him.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him teasingly, narrowing my eyes.

We were only in our underwear and his hands were now smoothing over the top of my thighs as I sat astride him. He smirked deviously at me as I eyed him suspiciously.