Chapter 27

Louis had gone into a little too much detail discussing the ins and outs of him and Mckenzie, but I was nosy and she had told me so little that I was kind of excited to hear about the two of them. He'd said that they were just friends, and that there was absolutely no feelings or strings attached, but I begged to differ. The two of them were exactly the same, which is why I knew that they were both the type of person that was too proud to admit what they really wanted. 

After he'd told me everything, he was eager to hear what was going on with Harry and I, but I refused to talk about it, shrugging him off with a less than interested, "I don't know." 

"I think he likes you, Jess, I do."

"It's not that simple," I sighed. Nothing was simple when Harry was involved. Did Harry even have feelings or was he this weird mutant with absolutely no compassion? 

"It's been over a month and he hasn't weaselled his way into your pants, so there must be something there! That's not the Harry I know, if I'm being totally honest with you."

"I hate to think what 'the Harry you know' is like."

Louis chuckled, his eyes crinkling in the corners, "He's not all that bad, I swear! He's just a little..." 

"Obnoxious?" I finished for him, remembering mine and Niall's conversation in the car yesterday.

He made an unsure but amused face, shrugging his shoulders. "That wasn't the word I was looking for, but I guess it'll do. I can't think of a word to describe Harry accurately."

Louis and I had been gossiping for over an hour now — we were like a couple of old housewives dishing out the dirt on anything and everything that sprung to mind. I would've never thought of him to be the girly-gossip type, but he was, and I was thoroughly enjoying it.

"So, Halloween's coming up..." he informed me, as if I didn't already know. I loved Halloween, it was possibly one of my favourite holidays even if we didn't celebrate it so much in the UK. Once, I'd spent it in Florida with my uncle, and the extent they go to to celebrate over in the States is incredible.

"It is," I grinned.

"Got any plans?" he asked casually.

"Not as of yet, no. Have you?"

"Being the absolute legend I am, I've been invited to more than a few parties," he gloated, a smug grin on his narrow face as his blue eyes almost completely disappeared behind his cheeks.

"I bet you have," I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"You and Mckenzie fancy coming along to any? They'll be a right laugh."

"She will be, but me... I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of parties and I've been to so many recently. Not to mention the fact Mckenzie's birthday party is this week as well."

"Come onnnnn," he pressed. Why was everyone so intent on getting me to come to parties recently? "Everyone will be dressed up and it'll all be themed so it'll be different!"

I did like the idea of everyone dressed up and the house decorated with Halloween themed decorations. "We'll see."

Louis rolled his eyes before suddenly being consumed in thought. "What time is it?"

I hated when people asked that when there is a huge clock literally right in front of them. I pointed up to it hanging on the wall and he followed my gesture, both of us looking at the time; it was nearly two. 

"Oh shít," he laughed, "I said I'd meet Harry at one! I better be off then." 

He stood to his feet, slapping his thighs as he did so. I was actually kind of sad he was leaving, I'd quite appreciated his company.