Chapter 28 - Part 2

Part 2

After Harry had been so understanding of the whole situation, we went back down and rejoined our friends in the kitchen. They hadn't moved from where we left them, and nor had they noticed we'd both been gone, it seemed.

Harry got to work at making me some kind of concoction, quickly handing me the bright pink drink with a completely straight face before picking up a beer for himself. Eventually we found ourselves perching on bar stools at Mckenzie's breakfast bar in the kitchen, and once again I didn't have a lot to contribute to the conversation.

Harry had stopped eyeing me now, which I told myself I was glad of but really I was desperate to catch him looking at me again. He obviously wasn't feeling quite so wound up after I'd killed the mood.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Niall," he said bluntly after a while of being silent, leaving us to go and talk to my brother of all people. I was disappointed when he left, especially because I was now stranded with Mckenzie, Louis and Zayn.

Zayn and I were sat awkwardly like third and fourth wheels as Mckenzie and Louis were all over each other as usual. She perched on his lap with her arms tightly locked around his neck and his arms around her waist, Louis' face was pressed into her cheek as he whispered god knows what into her ear, provoking giggles from my friend who was in her own little world.

Zayn shot me a displeased look as he rested his chin on his hand, a bottle in the other which he kept moving in circles on the counter. I returned the look before a laugh slipped out, knowing exactly what he was referring to. At my response, he moved his upper body closer to me so I was in earshot.

"I feel like I'm at one of those live sex shows in Amsterdam right now," he grimaced.

"Live what shows?" I asked, my eyes wide with shock. That was a thing?

"You heard right," he chuckled, "In Amsterdam, they put on shows like this," he pointed to our friends opposite us, "It's literally just people going at it on a stage with an audience watching and everything."  

"That's..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, which made him chuckle again. Why was this the first proper conversation I was having with him since I'd known him?

"Pick your eyeballs up off the floor, pop 'em back in, and we'll talk about something else." I smiled and shook my head, looking away from him for a moment. "So, you and Harry?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes. This is all anyone wanted to talk about recently. "Next question."

"What? You don't wanna talk about how you and him literally just disappeared off upstairs not even half an hour ago?" he grinned, "Yeah, I noticed."

"No, I don't."

"C'monnnn, Jess," he pressed teasingly. At first it was all a joke and I was playfully annoyed, but everyone continually pushing me to find out about my private life was getting irritating.

"I'm gonna go and... yeah, I'm gonna go. You have fun with this," I said, gesturing towards Mckenzie and Louis. Zayn nodded, and I was hoping he hadn't realised I was brushing him off because he'd annoyed me, but the look of guilt on his face said he knew.

I didn't have a plan on where I was going, so I just walked slowly into the living room. I glanced around, looking for someone I could go and talk to, but my eyes found Niall and Harry sitting on some chairs surrounded by three girls. Two had all their attention on my brother, rather disgustingly, but what really got on my nerves was the blonde sitting beside Harry.

He was slouched back in an arm chair with that same beer in hand, and she was leaning into his side as they talked. My indignation was growing by the second, but it's not like I could complain — he wasn't mine. He could talk to whoever he wants, even if it did happen to be a pretty, booby blonde.