Chapter 71

That night we just went straight to bed and stuck on a film, spending the remainder of the night cuddled up under the covers. A lot had gone on, so we decided to keep it calm from that point onwards. The fact that Harry had a lot on his mind obviously tired him out, because he fell asleep about half way through Finding Nemo, which for some reason he insisted we watch because it was 'such an old classic' and 'who doesn't love Finding Nemo?'.

The next morning I woke up before him, and as I was laying there just appreciating his arms around me and his light breaths fanning my shoulder as he slept, there was a knock on the bedroom door. Regretfully, I shook Harry awake, and in his confused and sleepy state he called out for them to come in with squinted eyes and a gravelly voice. His mum peered round the door and I was suddenly very aware of the fact I was wearing next to nothing and in bed with her son, so I pulled the covers up to my chin and smiled innocently. To be fair, all we'd done was watch a Disney film...

Louise went on to wish us a Happy New Year and asked us how our evening had been. Of course, we lied and told her it was pretty chilled but great nonetheless, and we had a lot of fun. If only she knew what really happened. I wondered how she would've reacted if we told the truth. Would she be surprised? She was clearly used to her son's previous antics, but now I felt like she expected so much more of him, and would probably be disappointed to hear of how he'd shown himself up.

Harry's mum beamed obliviously at us from the doorway as she chatted away, making it clear how content she was with mine and Harry's relationship. She then proceeded to tell us about her night with Harry's dad at a party with mostly people from their line of work, which they went all the way to London for. It was quite a journey just for a New Years Eve do, but she made it seem as though it was well worth it. They had fancy drinks and stayed at a posh hotel in central London, and were able to watch the fireworks at midnight. I had to admit I was slightly jealous that they had such a good time, and I wished I could've planned something similar for Harry and I. Rather than the night end how it did, it could've been just the two of us in the city. But we had New York to make up for that.

Louise very kindly insisted that she'd make us some eggs for breakfast, despite the fact she was probably worn out having only got home a couple of hours ago, and not to mention busy with sorting things out in terms of her work. It still never failed to impress me how generous and caring Harry's family were, and I don't think he actually ever realised just how much they did for him. I know Harry isn't exactly one for admitting feelings and being soppy, but he never seemed to be overly grateful for his family. And it's not that my family doesn't care for me, you just wouldn't catch them bending over backwards and running around like blue-arsed flies to make me feel like royalty. It was like living in another dimension spending time with people who live so differently.

It was slightly odd that after that night Zayn never confronted Harry. Louis became a sort of messenger, telling us that Zayn had been informed of what happened and was surprisingly willing to leave it. He probably didn't want anymore trouble and was tired of all the shít that'd been happening recently. Louis had said he had been rather bitter about it though, saying that it wasn't worth 'interfering with Romeo and Juliet's tragic love story', which stirred some suspicion with me. At least he wasn't going to press charges or cause any issues for Harry, so we could at least try to forget about it.

He stayed well clear of Zayn afterwards just to be sure. Any time Louis or anyone else would invite him out, and he knew Zayn would be there, Harry would politely decline. I still was desperate to know what it was that Zayn did to irk Harry so badly. What could he possibly have said that could get him to flip like that? I eventually stopped asking, because Harry said he would never tell me. I wanted to be on his side and feel angry when someone mentioned his name, but I just didn't. Without knowing what it was that he'd said and done, the effect just wasn't there. It's all very well hearing that someone that you know had said something a bit rude about you or got on the wrong side of someone you're close with, but when all you've seen from them is kindness and you've never experienced what they're apparently like first hand, it's difficult to dislike them. That being said, I kept well away and didn't bring it up.