Chapter 24

Surprisingly, Harry didn't offer us a lift home this morning. In fact, he still hadn't left his spot in Louis' spare room bed when we eventually decided to take it upon ourselves to leave and walk home at eleven.

"I can't wait to get home and take so many painkillers that I can't feel my legs," Mckenzie groaned exaggeratedly, rubbing her temples as we ambled home slowly.

"I don't think paracetemol can do that," I said back. She was always such a diva and way over the top. "Anyway, you think you've got it bad? You're not the one that drank a gigantic jug of god knows what last night!" I was certainly feeling fragile after last night, and as much as I hated to admit it my legs were aching just as much as my head.

"Speaking of good times..." Mckenzie began, suddenly perking up and grinning teasingly which earned her an eye roll from me, "It's my birthday next week."

"I know," I groaned. I did know - everyone knew. Mckenzie was absolutely one of those people who did not shut up about their birthday and she thought she practically deserved to be crowned Queen of England just for that one day that came once a year. She was turning eighteen already, meaning she was one of the oldest in our year group.

"My parents are - rather stupidly - letting me have the house to myself, so for once I'm going to be the host of a kick-ass party! That means you can take on my role as super cool and good looking guest that everyone adores for the night."

"Another party? Really?" I sighed, "I've been to more parties in the last two months than I have in my entire life," I let out an exasperated laugh.

"Parties are where this thing between you and Harry really thrives, you should be thanking me," she smirked.

"There is no thing," I told her bluntly, to which she scoffed playfully.

"There is a thing. There is definitely a thing. And I want to talk about this thing. When did he even have the chance to leave that massive thing on your neck? You were with us nearly all night!"

I closed my eyes momentarily as I huffed, this was going to sound awful. "We were... in the bathroom."

"What!" she cried out, her voice that familiar high pitch it was when she was excited.

"It's really not what it sounds like!" I defended, "I was heading outside and I tripped and coincidentally fell into him, and then I said I needed to go to the bathroom and he helped me up the stairs because obviously I could hardly stand up. And... okay this part is going to sound terrible but - I... I couldn't do up my jeans-"

Mckenzie burst into a cackle and cut me off as I spoke. I frowned at her, and she instantly noticed and tried to calm herself down, "Okay, okay. Sorry. Continue," she breathed through her giggles.

"He... did them up for me," I spoke with quietly, my cheeks probably pink with embarrassment, nerves creeping up on me, "And one thing led to another." I stopped abruptly, deciding the story was going to end there before I could embarrass myself further.

"Come on! I need more details than that!"

"There are no more..."

"What a load of shít! Was it hot?" she asked casually. The fire in my cheeks certainly was. "I bet it was. God, he seems like the type to mercilessly throw you up against the wall and have his way with you."

How on earth could she tell that? She really wasn't helping how awkward I felt talking about this. "Well... I- Umm..."

"He is, isn't he! I knew it!" she clapped her hands together, extremely pleased with herself before turning slightly more serious all of a sudden. "But nothing else happened? Just a kiss?" I nodded and she paused in thought, "Why?"