Chapter 59

I woke up with the feeling of butterflies in my stomach already present; the second I realised where I was, who I was with and what had happened last night, I was immediately so happy that I couldn't even try to describe it with words. Harry's chin was resting on my shoulder, his nose blowing little puffs of air against my neck every time he exhaled; his arms were around my middle, holding me close to him so tightly with his face nuzzled against me; his legs were tangled with mine and I could feel the warmth of his bare skin against mine. I sighed contently, smiling to myself like an absolute idiot, but I didn't care because things were finally falling into place and I was totally consumed by love.

Harry stirred behind me whilst I was thinking, breathing in and squeezing my waist with his arms. He peered over my shoulder at me, grinning adorably when he saw I was awake.

"Hey you," he mumbled, his voice gravelly with sleep. That wonderful 'just woke up' croaky and low voice that made my stomach flip. He sighed through his nose and buried his face deeper into my neck, kissing my shoulder.

"Hi," I said shyly, my stomach definitely flipping and my skin tingling. I'd been awake for all of ten minutes and already I felt like I was going to faint from his charming words and sweet gestures. He was all sleepy and cuddly and it warmed my heart.

The hand of his arm which was underneath me started tracing over my skin - my stomach, my neck, my arms, my legs, fingertips just delicately skimming over me absentmindedly. As I relaxed and let my mind wander, a thought suddenly surfaced... The hospital. I had never asked him whether or not what he'd told Louis about being at the hospital was true.

"Harry?"

"Mmm?" he hummed in acknowledgement, the vibration leaving his throat and being transferred to my neck, making me shudder a little bit.

"When I was in the ER that night... Were you- Did you come and visit me?"

"Yeah." His voice sounded sad, like he was thinking back to that night and the memory pained him.

"Did you say anything to me?"

He fidgeted the smallest amount, but I noticed. "Uhh... yeah. I said lots of things?"

"Like what? What did you say?"

"Jess-"

"Don't pretend to be all shy now, Harry," I said firmly, rolling over to face him and shoot him a stern glare. He looked nervous or even embarrassed, and his hand landed on my hip but only lightly. "What did you say to me?"

"I told you I was sorry for everything, and I said that you mean a lot to me."

He was purposely leaving out the part where he admitted that he loved me, but that didn't matter all that much at that moment in time. It was him. My heart leapt and my mouth fell agape. "It was you. They lied."

"What? Who lied?"

"I heard every word, when I woke up I was adamant you'd been there but Niall and Zayn told me you hadn't been. They said Niall said all those things and that I was dreaming about you being there!"

A look of pure horror was painted on his face. "You heard it? All of it?" I nodded. "Oh fuçking hell, I thought you were out cold."

He put his hands over his eyes to cover his slightly pink cheeks, and I cackled and pulled them away and into my chest. "Don't be embarrassed." He pouted his bottom lip and I leant forward to kiss him quickly, completely delighted by the flustered state he was in.

"Your brother took the credit for my heart-felt speech?" he asked more seriously, and my smile faded.

"They lied. They fuçking lied straight to my face!" I was angry now. How could they? Why would they?