Chapter 67

"You..." I said, completely gobsmacked and shaky as I stared at Harry. "Is this a wind up?"

He chuckled, "Why do you always say that? It's not a wind up."

"What is it?" my mum pressed excitedly. I'd almost forgotten there were other people in the room.

"We're... going to New York," I muttered in an announcement, my back to my mum as I continued looking at Harry in complete awe, a beautiful, bright smile on his face.

All of a sudden my emotions overwhelmed me and I didn't care about my brother's disapproval, or anything else for that matter; I threw my arms around Harry's neck, almost sobbing into his shoulder. He flinched and chuckled again, taken aback, though he finally wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you so much," I gushed, "You're amazing."

"Oh my God!" I heard my mum squeal, and when I eventually pulled away from Harry she was looking over the postcard with a huge smile on her face.

Soon my mum and Niall gathered their presents and took them upstairs, my mum whispering, "I told you he might be a keeper," in my ear as she passed by with a wink, making me blush and smile to myself.

Harry and I remained on the sofa, my head on his shoulder and my legs tucked under myself as I leant against him. Once my family had disappeared I lifted my head and looked at him thoughtfully. He was totally incredible.

"I love you," I told him lowly, and he beamed at me before kissing my head. "I can't believe you bought me tickets to New York and I bought you a shirt."

He laughed once again. I couldn't get enough of the happy, smiley Harry I was seeing today. "I love the shirt. I'm going to wear it today... And the ring."

"You completely outdid me! If I'd have known you had something like that up your sleeve I would've bought you something equally as good!" I whined.

"Don't be stupid. I wanted to surprise you. And anyway, you deserve it," he said sincerely, and I'm pretty sure I went bright red so I hid my face under his arm, allowing my head to fall into his lap so I could look up at him.

"God, Harry. I'm so excited!" I mused, thinking about what amazing things he might have in store for us when we get there. And it was only two months away, which would go by in a flash.

"Good. I am too." He stroked over my hair gently and my stomach fluttered.

"Come on, Jess. Get yourself dressed!" my mum's voice startled me upright.

She rounded the sofa and started tidying away the left over wrapping paper and packaging. I took Harry's hand and he grabbed his gifts as I dragged him to the stairs. We went up to my room, I got dressed and Harry began changing into the shirt I bought him, although I stopped him from pulling it up his arms by walking over to where he was perched on the edge of my bed and stood between his legs.

"What are you doing?" he asked with a sly smirk as I stopped his hands in their movement, trailing my fingertips up his arms. He gently gripped the backs of my thighs as I stood over him.

"Starting what I might finish later if you'll let me, to thank you," I replied seductively, moving to run my palms over his stomach and up over his chest and shoulders.

He shuddered and his face twisted. "That's not fair," he complained, drawling out the last word.

"Why not?" I asked, cupping his jaw and tilting his head back, noting his closed eyes and parted lips before I kissed him briefly.

"Ughh," he groaned, squeezing the backs of my legs. "Because you know I won't let you."

"Let's stay at yours tonight," I suggested, kissing him again but for longer this time.