• CHAPTER 9 •

Ace

I forced more whiskey down my throat, trying to wash away the guilt I felt from the scene that happened over dinner. I didn't want to leave the house, knowing she is angry. But I didn't have the time or the brain to do anything about it now.

I placed my glass down. I tried to keep my brain working straight. I needed time alone to get my thoughts together before talking to the boys about the mission. But someone barged into my office. When I looked up, my eyes met Talia's. I closed my eyes to calm myself down.

"How many times will I have to tell you to not walk in my office like that!"

She stepped inside and thumped all the way to my desk. She put her hands on her waist and stared into my eyes. All I wanted to do was laugh at the scene she just created.

"How often did I tell you to be nice to me?"

I frowned and tilted my head, trying my best to hide my smile, "never?"

"Was what you said really necessary?"

I laid back in my chair, "you were saying your opinion and I said mine."

"That isn't something to say an opinion about, in front of everyone too!"

I couldn't hide my chuckle anymore. I let it out and shook my head, "why are you so aggravated?" I looked at her, as she fumed out of her ears. "If I am wrong, I will go out to the boys now and tell them I was wrong." She stayed silent. I smirked. "Am I wrong?" I asked again.

"That is none of your business!" She yelled and turned to leave the room.

I laughed and shook my head then got up and followed her to gather the boys and tell them what I planned.

"Boys!" I called from the door of my office, "gather each other in the meeting room right now."

I could feel Talia's eyes burn the side of my face but I ignored it and walked to the meeting room myself. I took a seat at the head of the table and waited for everyone to take a seat.

"Is it finally time for a new mission?" Romeo growled.

"I hope it is, we see it, man!" Niko nodded.

When I made sure that I had everyone's attention, I stood up.

"I got a call," I started, "there is a huge businessman that gave me a word to buy a huge amount of SP since he is known to sell drugs."

"This is a great business!" Romeo said.

"Do you know the man?" Niko asked.

"Haven't heard of him." I shook my head.

"Isn't that, you know, a little suspicious?" Joe finally understood.

I nodded and bit the inside of my cheek, "these were going to be my next word."

"What do you mean exactly?" Luca sniffed and adjusted himself into his seat.

"Isn't it weird to have such a great deal right after the whole thing with Fox?" I started walking around.

"Do you mean that..." Again, Joe was the only one who understood.

I nodded.

"Wait, hold up, I don't get it, man!" Niko blinked a couple of times, staring straight at me.

"I have a huge feeling that Fox is behind this whole thing to be able to take a great amount of the SP pills to work on how we do it. He is dying to pay back for the things we did to him." I took a deep breath, "which would be very smart of him to do so."

"Not smarter than you, Ace!" Luca laughed, his iconic laugh made me chuckle and shake my head.

I scratched my chin, "keep in mind that I am also not sure. So we will go along with the whole thing but with very open eyes."

"More details, Ace, I am getting confused," Romeo shouted.

"He means that you know, Fox is behind the whole thing," Joe explained, looking at Romeo. He turned to me and said, "this is too dangerous to risk it, I say we tell the man that we weren't able to create all that"

I scoffed, "I like playing with risks." I took a deep breath, "we will go, as if we are not suspecting anything. If it is Fox, I have a good plan. But if it is not Fox my plan will mess up a great business that we could have with that man." I shook my head, "that's what we are going to do," I went back to my seat and sat down, "I need a full report on what Fox does in his day, from the second he wakes up till he goes back to his bed. I need to know what he does as a routine, where he goes, who he meets."

"How is that going to help?" Romeo asked.

I raised my eyebrows, "I am not answering that stupid question." I harshly answered. He bit his bottom lip in anger but I didn't care. How could he ask that question without thinking for one second about what spying on Fox could help us with? "The outcome of spying either will lead us to, one, knowing if he is behind this man or not. Two, if he is behind him, does he want the SP pills or does he want us to be caught by the police."

"Police!" Niko yelled.

"That is a great possibility. Asking for that big amount of the pills either will help him by having the pills we didn't want to give him, with a big amount too or it will allow him to work with the cops to catch us and get us all in prison for years with that big amount of drugs on us." I explained. "There are four possibilities for the whole mission now. The first one is that the man doesn't have anything to do with Fox and it is a normal exchange. The second is that the man doesn't have anything to do with Fox but Fox found out and will tell the cops. The third is that the man is with Fox and this is a game to take the pills and the fourth is that Fox also knows and is doing all this to get us in prison."

"Wow," Niko tapped on the table, angry and edgy.

"If we find out by spying on him that he is working with the police the solution will be very easy." I got up and walked to the plan drawn on the board. "We will have two cars, one with fake drugs that we will make sure to let him know the information about, and the other one will have the SP pills. Each car will go to totally different places. The one with the real drug only we will know about. The other one Fox will know about which will be stopped by the police. If he is with the police then the real car will just come back to the house. If there are no police, the car will continue to where we told them to meet. If we see that he is there trying to steal us, we will let him. It is only fake drugs so we won't need to get in danger for that. And finally, if we find that it is a normal mission, we will tell the man for better safety, we don't have the drugs right now. And we will simply take him in our car and drive him to where the SP pills really are."

"Wow, such a smartass, aren't you Ace?" Luca clapped and looked around.

"I am impressed, really man," Joe giggled.

"Guys, it is very expected, this is Ace we are talking about here!" Niko added.

I scoffed and shook my head. "Focus, guys."

"So now, who will do what?" Romeo asked.

I nodded, "I will let you know when I come back from the trip I am leaving for." I pause, "I am leaving for three days for a meeting with someone who could take us to a whole new place. But meanwhile, I need you guys to do two things."

"What, what?" Niko asked.

"First, to spy on Fox, just in case we are able to catch anything on him."

"And the second thing?" Romeo leaned closer to the table as if he expected what I was going to say.

"To take care of Talia."

He leaned back on his chair with a smirk on the corner of his lips.