• CHAPTER 33 •

Ace

I took a deep breath and gave Talia a minute to walk inside the house. I opened the car door and closed it behind me. I walked toward the two black Rolls Royce that were parked in front of the gate with Al's men standing as a wall. I tried to steal a peak at whoever was in the car but the windows were tinted. I knocked on the window. The door opened revealing a man wearing a faux fur jacket and holding a cane he clearly didn't need, making him look as rich as he wanted to look. He stepped closer to me and smiled.

"¿De verdad olvidaste quién soy, chico?" [did you really forget who I am, boy?"]. I frowned.

"Pablo!"

"Alejandro Delgado Rosalez!"

I rushed to his side and hugged him tightly, exchanging laughter.

"I can't believe I am seeing you. It has been years."

"Yeah, I left the country for a while."

I stepped back, "let's go sit in my office. Come in." I waved at him to come inside the house.

We walked to my office and I shut the door behind us, knowing that not many boys were here when Pable was present.

"It has been a while, Pablo, where have you been!" I sat in front of him.

"Ah, Alejandro, I've been very busy," he took a puff of his cigar as I admire his Spanish accent in his English words.

"Haven't seen you in ages."

He laughed, "do you remember? Last time I saw you you wanted to leave Frank because he was asking you for too much. Pero ahora [but now], you took his place."

"Joder, lo sabes todo." [Fuck, you know everything.]

It had been years since I last spoke Spanish.

"Mira me, chico. No soy la misma persona as years ago!" [look at me boy, I am not the same person as years ago]. He raised his hands in the air, matching his eyebrows. I let out a scoff. He was always the show-off type.

"I wanted to leave, yes. But I never did."

"Si, si. [yes, yes] but I did. And I don't regret it."

"Why did you come back then?"

"I am going to cut to the chase," he scoffed, "I need your help, Alejandro." I smiled at the mention of my birth name that I hadn't heard for a while.

"With what?"

"Okay," he reached into his pocket and took out his phone. He stared at its screen for a couple of seconds then handed me the phone. I took it from his hand to meet the most beautiful and probably most expensive necklace I have ever seen. "What you are seeing is me vida [my life]."

"The necklace?"

"It is my great-grandmother's. It has been in our family for years but they stole it from us."

"Who's they?"

"It doesn't matter. I was searching for it for years to take it back and give it to my kids to give it to their kids, pero, [but]," he shook my head and looked at the picture, "now I can't because I don't have it."

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I want you to find a way to bring it back to me, Ace." He looked up at me.

"What?"

"I will give you what you want. Whatever you think is appropriate."

"It's not the money, Pablo. You know I stopped this business a long time ago. I don't do exchanges anymore–"