• CHAPTER 42 •

Ace

A few days passed after my call with Pablo. Knowing that Fox was a part of his play angered me but at the same time a lot of things started to make sense. I waited patiently for the boys to take their seats in the meeting room. I looked next to me at Talia who has been a part of this mission without her and I wanting so. She had every right to know everything but as much as I wanted to give her what pleased her, as much as I hated how much she was starting to blend in.

Joe walked in with his eyes glued to his shoes. He silently took a seat and kept his eyes to himself. I put my tongue in the corner of my mouth, hating how upset he was not having my girl. Hating how much he wanted her and would do anything to have her. But when I looked at her, I calmed down and focused back on the meeting. I knew that I would also do anything to have her and picking a fight with Joe would not bring peace between us. So for the first time, I kept my emotions to myself.

"Please, tell me that this time it's good news," Romeo roared in the room, his tone showing nothing but impatience.

"It's not really a good news but more like a plan that will lead us to good news." I started before getting up and starting to move around the room, "since you all know, I called Pablo about taking a profit from the necklace. And gave him the choice to either do so or bring me Fox's head. What you all still don't know is that I will make them kill each other."

"What?" Niko looked around the room and luca started laughing, the weird, iconic laugh that made them all chuckle.

"I know damn well that Pablo would rather kill all his men and have 100% of the profit of the necklace. But I know now that Fox does every dirty work Pablo asks him to. That's his importance. Which means Pablo won't agree so fast. They will try to play me. So, I will call Fox, bring him here and tell him that Pablo is trying to kill him because he doesn't want to share the profit. He is a moron and will believe me." I pointed and looked up at ceiling to gather my thoughts, "then I will record him telling me that he wants to kill Pablo before he gets killed and will show it to Pablo. I will tell him that Fox found out that Pablo wants to kill him and he is trying to make a plan with me to kill Pablo together," I took a deep breathe.

"This sounds like a movie scene, Ace."

"And then, I will tell Fox to come over to talk about it and will tell Pablo that he will come over. Pablo will come and they will both kill each other."

I looked back at the boys. They were all speechless with jaws touching the floor.

"Common, I want to get moving. Does anyone have something to say?"

"Why are you doing this whole game when you can simply kill both of them?" Romeo asked the question that I didn't want to answer. I looked at Talia, trying to find anything else to say than the truth. I couldn't admit to gang members that I promised my girl that I, a very important part of the American mafia, not to kill anyone.

"I want to get out of this game to save myself some trouble with the other bosses. I don't want to be blamed for killing Pablo. He has connections."

He simply nodded and I let out a long breath, stealing another look at Talia.

"Niko and Luca," I pointed at them, "I want Fox here in a couple of hours. And I want Jack, Bruno and Max to welcome him." I smirked.

" I smirked