• CHAPTER 13 •

"Does he really think that a paper like this will scare me?" Ace yelled, holding the letter between two fingers and waving it around. He was walking left and right, an angry bee that was waiting for her victim to sting. I stood behind the door of the office door and watched them from the glass.

"Ace, calm down, we have guests, you know," Joe took a step towards him.

"Joe, this man," Ace grunted and shook his head.

"Okay, I say we get out there, then deal with this later," Romeo pointed behind him at the party. Ace instantly shook his head. He slammed the paper on his desk and gave the boys his back. He raised his index and started intensely waving it.

"Someone out there is betraying us," Ace paused, "I invited everyone – making sure that they would all want Fox's head like me and more," he takes a deep breath from his mouth to calm his anger, but it didn't work, "but the fact that when he found out about the party and that he wasn't invited, he sent this letter right after my speech just means that someone here is reporting to the Lees."

"Then I say we go out there, bring the place upside down until we know who it is!" Romeo yelled.

"Sh!" Ace ordered him to shut up as he stood there, thinking about what would be best to do. They all kept their mouths shut until Ace started to talk more, "okay, here is what's about to be done," he turned around and faced them, "we will all go out there, act as if nothing happened, smile in their faces, be friendly, whatever you do," he nodded then turned to Joe, "Joe, I want you to find Al, tell him to tell The Ravens to be ready. Looks like war is about to start," he then turned to the other boys. "Boys, I want you to divide each other to each talk to a mafia or gang member. I want you to be subtle, boys, because what we are about to do will bring Fox under our shoes."

They all looked at each other unsure of what was about to happen.

"Boys, you need to learn this by heart because I won't say it twice. Romeo, you will say subtly that we keep all our SP pills in our downtown warehouse. Luca, you will say that it all is in our warehouse on Elm street. Niko, our warehouse in the desert and Romeo, say in my old apartment," Ace finally took a breath, "be clear that it scares you since there is never enough security in the place which makes it easy to get robbed and of course, make sure that it doesn't have any SP before tomorrow morning," he noted their facial reactions before carrying on. "Tomorrow morning, I want each one that said where the SP will be hidden to go there and camp. Take as many men as you want with you but be careful that if our plan gets known, they will get us even more confused about who's betraying us."

"Man, that's complicated," Romeo scoffed and looked around, digging his hands in his pockets.

"It is. But this isn't our first war, boys. And this time we have The Ravens on our side," Ace nodded, "I want so the second you see a member of any group coming near where you camp to immediately let me know."

"What if they tell the Lees and Fox tells them to take all the SP, you know, so we don't see the person who is betraying us?" Joe asked.

"They are all very intelligent men, Joe. I don't think an intelligent man will sacrifice that much money for Fox, what I know will happen is that Fox and the boy that betrayed us will go together to each ensure they get their amount," Ace took a sip of his untouched glass that was on the desk. "Did everyone get what you have to do?"

They all started nodding.

"Now go."

I stepped away from the door and acted busy. I saw the boys stand in a circle, whispering and pointing out who they will talk to. In no time, each one was already talking to a different man. Ace walked to the door, scanned the room for a bit and nodded when he made eye contact with a man. He wanted on the door until this man reached him, "Alfie, I need to talk to you."

SURRENDER - Mafia RomanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara