• CHAPTER 37 •

The room started spinning with me. Fragments of dark images started flashing in my vision when I closed my eyes. The messy furniture, the blood of the men lying on the ground, Talia screaming and being forced in a car. I groaned and hit the wall again. Think! Think!

I picked up my phone and walked out of the house. I dialed Pablo knowing he was behind everything but he didn't pick up.

"Fuck!" I screamed again, my voice rang into the dark and through the trees. I felt helpless, not responsible. I couldn't let her get taken from me. Not again. This can't happen to me again. I looked up at the sky and let a tear fall. I was scared for the first time in a while. I didn't know what to do for the first time. I didn't know where to go or who to call. I felt weak.

I got in my car and started to drive like a maniac back to Pablo's house. I parked in front of his house. I opened the dashboard, grabbed my gun and put it under my shirt in the back of my pants. I got out of my car and rushed to his gate door.

"Tell him it's Ace again," I calmly said.

"But sir–"

"Now!" I yelled, pointing to the house. He nodded and walked back to his cabin to call Pablo. He walked to the gate and opened it. I didn't bother to get back in my car and just walked it. I was full of anger and adrenaline shot in my veins making my steps faster than usual. I opened the door and walked inside, searching for my target. When I met his eyes, he smiled. He was waiting for me. I grabbed my gun and with one switch it was pointed at him.

"Where is she?"

He raised his eyebrows and started laughing. "Chico, cálmate! [Boy, calm down]. I didn't know that she meant that much to you."

"Enough games, Pablo. Tell me where is she?" I screamed.

He stared at me then turned his back to me and walked to the couch to sit.

"Come sit."

I approached him, still pointing the gun to his head.

"You think I'm scared of you?"

"You should be."

"Well," he shrugged, "I'm not." I paused.

I loaded the gun. I didn't care about anything other than Talia. I needed to know she was safe.

"Sit, Ace. Let's talk."

"I'm not talking with a traitor like you."

"Well you have to if you want your chica [girl] back."

"Tell me where she is right now, Pablo."

"It wasn't my order to kidnap her, Ace."

My heart dropped.

"What do you mean?" I started, my heart started pounding against my chest, "what do you fucking mean it wasn't your order."

"The people who want the necklace wanted that."

My vision got blurry for a few seconds and all I could see is Talia in Lily's place.

"If you don't get me this necklace, they will kill me, you and your chica [girl]."

"You lied to me," I breathed, "Now people want to kill us for your stupid necklace?" I yelled.

"Now that you know what the necklace really is, I want to kill you," he threw his hands in the air, not giving a damn at the gun that is a press away from taking his life. "But I won't. Get it and we will take half-half."

"I don't want it and I don't want your money. Make them bring back Talia, Pablo or I swear to God I will take your life."

"Talia?"