• CHAPTER 36 •

I opened my eyes and gasped. I looked next to me and Talia was lying in bed with me. My heart started beating. Did I fall asleep? I wondered. For how long? It was starting to get light outside. I took a deep breath and looked at her unable to believe that I was able to fall asleep. I was unable to believe that she convinced me to give sleep a try. She did win my monsters. I softly caressed her cheek and tilted my head. How can an angel lay so peacefully beside a devil? She slowly opened her eyes making me take my hand away.

"Good morning," she said, her voice was soothing and warm.

"Good morning," I smiled. She sat up.

"Were you be able to sleep?"

I nodded, thanking her silently.

"Good." She nodded back, giving me the warmest smile.

"I don't even know how I fell asleep."

She shrugged, smiling wider. I chuckled and shook my head at her confidence.

"I'm going to take a shower." I got up and caught her eyes follow my shirtless skin all the way to the bathroom. I didn't take long. I was feeling a foreign feeling, something I have not felt before, not even with Lily. Was it fear of losing her? Was it fear of her leaving me again? I wasn't sure. Staying a week with Joe made me lose the confidence I had in her.

When I got out of the shower, I looked for her to know the answer to one question, a question that haunted me. I wrapped my lower body with a towel and walked out of the bathroom.

"Talia," I called. She was standing there, waiting for me with a huge smile. I looked her from her head to toe when I realized she was wearing my shirt. I took a deep breath and bit my lip. I knew I couldn't get distracted. I knew I needed an answer to that question. "Come," I sat on the bed and tapped next to me for her to come sit too. Her smile fadded away as she approached me. She sat down and I tried to find other words to ask the question in my head.

"What's going on Ace?"

"I wanted to talk a little bit about the time you spent with Joe."

She raised her eyebrows. "Okay?"

"Did you have fun?" This was my introduction to ask the harsh question that I needed to ask but hesitant to ask.

She wasn't sure what to say, "a little." She did, I knew she did and that annoyed me.

"Did you love him Lia?"

"No, Ace," she automatically answered. She looked away for a few seconds, "I thought I did. I wasn't playing him, I really thought I moved on from you," she paused, I refused to look away, letting every word she was saying hurt me the way I hurt her. I clenched my jaw, not wanting to show her my anger. "But I wasn't able to replace you." She played with her fingers.

"Did you kiss him?"

She looked up at me, realizing that I was going to ask every single question until I know everything that happened when she was there.

"Yes." She mumbled and I nodded, looking straight into her eyes.

"Did you sleep with him?"

I could tell she was taken back. But this question had been in my head since she walked back into the house. I wanted to beg her to say no. I wanted to tell her to lie to me even if she did. But she hesitantly nodded, boiling my blood. I histerically nodded back and looked away. It took too much of me to not say anything. I grabbed her arm and pushed her back on the bed.

"Ace," she called but I ignored her. I hovered over her and started kissing her neck. I wanted to erase every kiss he gave her, every fingerprint of his on her body. "Ace, stop." I didn't. I grabbed her tighter, wanting to mark my territory. She called my name a couple more times and I ignored him again. I could barely hear her because the image of him on top of her was driving me crazy. "Ace, please stop."