• CHAPTER 16 •

AUTHOR NOTE:

I really hope you enjoy this chapter. I couldn't wait and chose to post it even though I posted the previous chapter recently because, by far, this is my favorite chapter of the whole book. I hope you like it too! Let me know what you think in the comments! ENJOY!

 I hope you like it too! Let me know what you think in the comments! ENJOY!

Talia

That night, they all went to bed disappointed in Ace. He was harsh and heartless with them. Romeo didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the night. He went to his room and shut his door. No matter how many times they knocked on his door to talk to him, he ignored them. I kept wondering if he was thinking about leaving.

But the next morning was even rougher to give anytime to think about themselves. Sometimes circumstances force the one to get over his pride and act together to overcome the problem. That day was one of those days. I woke up to yelling for Ace's voice and banging on his door. I quickly jumped off my bed and got out of my room to see what was happening.

"Ace, wake up!" Joe yelled as they all knocked on his door. He finally opened. His hair was messy and his eyes were tired.

"What is going on?"

"Elio is gone!" Luca yelled.

"The garage," Niko started, "we got a call from the SP garage," he tried to watch his breath.

"Fox is attacking the garage, what do we do?"

Ace's tired eyes switched to alerted, it was like his brain was able to quickly adapt to the circumstances.

"What are you waiting for? Go," he sent them off, "If you see Fox there, don't hesitate to shoot his fucking skull." He yelled at them as they ran down the stairs. He looked at me, noticing my presence in front of my room door then looked away. Seeing Ace stressing was terrifying to me but I felt the urge to say anything to calm him down.

"Everything will be okay. Don't worry."

He looked at me again and didn't answer. He shook his head and walked downstairs. I wasn't sure what that meant but I knew he wasn't positive at all. I followed him downstairs.

Hours passed and we still had no news.

He was standing, silent and mysterious like always. I wasn't sure what was going on but I didn't ask for details. All I knew was that the pills they sell are in danger from this Fox. He didn't look like he would have the patience to explain to me even if I asked so I sat still on the couch behind him, watching him sip on his whiskey glass, balancing the ice, creating a melody hitting the glass and looking out of the window with his other hand in his pocket.

But all of a sudden, someone started to bang on the door, making both of us look at each other.

"Open this God-damned door, Ace! I know you are inside!" Someone yelled through the banging.