• CHAPTER 14 •

Ace

I cleared my throat before entering the great mansion right in front of my eyes. The walls were higher than ours, and the lights were ten times more powerful than the Franks'. I let out a small scoff and shook my head before driving closer to the entrance. Before saying anything to the security, they opened the gate and waved me in. I raised my eyebrows, realizing that I forget that people know who I am.

I parked behind many cars and when I got out of my car, a man ran to me.

"Mister Perry is awaiting your visit," he said and I almost laughed. I knew right then that I needed a similar fancy language in my house, I thought I could get a maid, but then realized the boys would eat her meat and bones. I nodded, refusing to open my mouth because once I open it, sarcasm would fly out of it. I followed him into the house and into the living room. I took a seat and let my eyes wander around the room.

"Welcome, Alejandro,"

"I haven't been called by my real name in so long, John," I smirked as he approached where I was sitting.

"How can you not use your full name? Alejandro Delgado, a magical name, isn't it?" He took the opposite seat from me and crossed his legs.

"Please, call me Ace."

"I will never forget Frank calling you by your full name when you disappointed him."

"Yeah, but now you're the one disappointing me, mister Perry," I leaned forward and kept my eyes staring into his. We didn't have time for chitchat and memories. My blood was boiling to listen to nonsense.

He raised his eyebrows. A small challenging smile appeared on his lips, surprised by my confidence. I took it as a cue to continue what I started.

"I am wondering if your boys are well trained because Frank taught us never to betray an alliance,"

"Who betrayed you, Ace?"

"Dare I say, you did." His mouth opened, "or to be fair, one of your boys did."

"What do you mean?" His smile disappeared.

"Elio," I nodded, then leaned back in my chair, "Elio, one of your boys, is working with Fox, who I clearly declared my enemyship with at the party."

He shook his head. With nothing to say in mind, he got lost in his thoughts.

"You have to be wrong, Elio is–"

"Now, Perry, you don't sound like you know me well," I scoffed, "I am well aware of what I am saying."

His silence gave me the confidence to feel like he didn't have any proof to contradict my shocking news.

"Listen, I will not take it to heart, and our business will continue, but–"

"I can't give you his head, Ace. He is one of my men," He sure was unsure of whether he should defend him or give me his head.

"I don't want his head, I will need him to catch Fox, then he will be yours to punish the way you want."

Without any more words to exchange, he picked up his phone and ordered his men to bring Elio where we were. I was well welcomed with drinks and dessert until I saw Elio walking in between two men. John stood up and rushed to him and before any words, he slapped Elio dropping him on the ground.

"How could you betray me? Betray us?"

"I didn't know what to do, I had no options. I was told to do so." He begged.

"You should have told me!" John's voice rang through the high walls.

"I couldn't, I really couldn't!" He cried some more.

"And who did you betray me for? Fox? That ant? The one who wants to ruin the market? For what? For money? From fear? What did he give you?"

"He threatened me, he told me he will kill me if I–"

"I am impressed," I finally spoke, catching all the eyes in the room as I walked closer to where they were. When Elio's eyes met mine, they widened. "I really am. I am surprised by your confidence." I smiled. "You knew who you were messing up with. You knew who I am and what I am capable of doing, and you had the confidence to mess with me."

"I am –"

"No, no no, I don't want to hear it. I hate apologies. They mean nothing when you fuck up. What? Some words you throw will erase everything?" I shrugged and looked down at him.

"I could fix it. I will."

I took a few steps away and raised my hands, smiling, "great!" I grabbed my gun and, with one swift, pointed it to his head, "but I don't give second chances if they don't benefit me."

I heard his breath hitch and his eyes close.

"No, look at me," I yelled. He opened his eyes and shakily looked up at me. "You're going to obey me until I tell you to go. If he threatens you with your life and you got scared, you don't want to see what I can do."

"I will do whatever you tell me to do, Ace."

I nodded and put my gun away. "On your feet. You're coming with me."

I started walking to the door without looking back, "thanks for the warm hospitality, John."

When I parked my car and got out of it, Jack, Bruno and Max started barking to the scent of a stranger inside the house. I turned to look at them and saw Talia kneeling down to calm them down. I softly smiled, understanding that she was playing with them before our arrival.

"I didn't know this house had chicks," I heard the smile in Elio's voice and rolled my eyes. I turned around to face him.

"Listen," I smacked my lips together, "you're here...for a purpose. You're not on vacation." I pointed my index finger at him as my heart pumped in my chest, fighting not to break his nose, "Look at her one more time, and I will pop your eyes out of your skull."

AUTHOR NOTE:

AUTHOR NOTE:

I know this chapter is a little short, but I wanted to upload because it's been a while. I hope you enjoy it anyways. I finally gave Ace a full name! But I am still thinking if I want to keep it or change it. Let me know what you think!