Chapter 7: Be Careful

It wasn't long before Tsukasa-senpai always persisted me to judge his dishes. But each time he does he ends up disappointing my palate.

"I'm never going to impress you, aren’t I?" He whispered depressingly.

The only problem was that while his face showed total defeat, his eyes shone with excitement the more I turn him down. It was like he loved the fact someone actually challenged him than having a secured win.

That's why weeks passed and with every persistence he had and defeat that follows, I never believed he was down about it.

He's having fun. Frankly, I'm having fun getting to know him better too.

Right now we're having a picnic in a hill in the school premises watching the sunset from the top while eating the food Tsukasa-senpai cooked.

"Still not good enough?" He asked and sighed before laying down in the grass.

I took a bite of the chicken sandwich he made and shook my head. "You'll get there soon."

"I wonder when is soon..."

"Why? You don't want to spend more time with me, Tsukasa-senpai?" I laughed.

He sat up from the grass and crossed his arms. "No! Where'd you get that idea?!"

"Don't worry! I won't hold it against you if you don't wanna spend time with me anymore." I joked with a smile..

"I thought I'm suppose to be the one who loathes himself, according to you. May be you're the one who doesn't one to spend time with me!" He accused pointing a finger at me.

"Me?" I pointed at myself too and giggled. "May be." His face frowned and I can see it from his eyes that he really is upset.

"Just kidding!" I laughed loudly. "Honestly, I enjoy spending time with you. I love being cooked for than being the one to cook. You see, I don't really like to cook."

Tsukasa-senpai immediately became confused and tilted his head. "Huh? But you're a chef. It's normal that you should like to cook. Most chefs even the use the word love when they talk about their passion for cooking."

"Exactly!" I jumped. "I don't have passion for cooking. I didn't even want to become a chef or study here in the first place. That's my brother's dreams, not mine."

"What do you mean?" He frowned even more.

"Next time. I'll tell you next time, senpai. Let me get to know you more before I tell you my life story. One day, I want to hear yours too." I gave a closed-eyed smile while the wind blew through my hair.

"I have to leave. I promised professor Jun that I'll help her grow these spices that currently interests her." I turned around and was about to walk away when I remembered something so I looked back at Tsukasa-senpai. "Don't frown so much. You're going to waste your good looks."

...

I stopped walking when I finally reached a rundown looking building that looks like it's about to collapse. A boy with dark skin and long white hair came out from the door and looked up at me.

"Are you Moretti-san?" He asked, voice full of seriousness.

"Yes. I'm here to help professor Jun in planting certain spices today. Is she here?" I removed my shoes after he allowed me to enter and muttered a small thanks when he did.

"Come on here. She's inside this room." He opened the door. "I'll be helping you too. I'm Jun's assistant, Hayama Akira."

He bowed his head after we entered and so did I. "Moretti Caterina. It's nice to meet you."