Chapter 23: The Autumn Elections

The days went by fast. I actually practiced with Hayama-kun often and that's how I found out that he has a sensitive nose that can rival the god's tounge.

At the same time, I also continued to help Eishi with his paperworks and he also continued to make dishes that might finally satisfy my palette. But alas, he yet again failed.

Butterflies are flying around my stomach as I remember the time of our date and when I started to call him by his first name. It feels somehow more calming. It feels different yet so familiar.

The Autumn elections' preliminaries have already started so everyone is busy. Students of all ages came to watch the preliminaries and famous chefs and people came to watch the famous Tōtsuki event.

"Say I thought our elections were grand. But the only thing that made it more grand is with how harder it is and the prizes that actually came with it," I said, still surprise with the large amount of people in the area.

"Well, of course. Last year, Isshiki-san won the Autumn elections. I was actually surprised to find out that Kinokuni-san is at a higher seat than him," Akashi-kun remarked, her hands at her hips.

"The elite ten isn't just chosen with how many achievements you've gotten for yourself but also with the achievements and support you brought to the school. That's why my brother never became a member despite his skills and talent," I explained, just in case they didn't know.

"That means we might not become members of the elite ten despite being the top three of the Spring elections, huh?" Fukuda-kun mumbled.

I nodded my head and saw disappointment flash in my friends' faces.

"Don't worry. If you do more things for the school, you will be. Now, let's just watch."

I gazed down the judges as I stared at the Curry queen. I've met her before. She invited my brother to work for her during his 2nd year. She's not an easy woman to impress.

While the writer, he once wrote for my father and our family business that made our sales higher than imagined.

So this is why the Autumn elections are deemed as grand. It's the only event in school which opens the grandest opportunities for a student, particularly a 1st year. I wonder if I would've made it if I studied here last year. I guess we'll never know.

A young male student walked towards the judges and presented his dish. His dish is so plain and simple. That's not enough to shaken high-class judges who've tasted so many delicious foods. And just as I thought, he got such a low score for his dish. I pity him.

This continued for other students until a girl who has a dark aura and a black curry presented her curry. Her dish that looks so digusting was apparently extremely delicious. I guess it doesn't matter what your dish looks like just as long as it tastes good.

A few more students peeked my interest, most of them from the Polar Star Dormitory. Hmp! That's why Isshiki stayed there despite his status. I should go there and give it a look.

But the students who stood the most to me is Kurokiba Ryo, Hayama Akira, and Yukihira Soma. Kurokiba-kun has a unique personality. His once emotionless face turns agressive when he's cooking and even shoved down food to Sendawa-san.

Then, Hayama-kun. He used a holy basil and his curry was absolutely impactful of delicious aroma. Oddly, when he looked at me from above, he smirked. Arrogant so much?

Finally, my favorite underclassman yet. Yukihira Soma. I finally remembered that he's the son of a chef who's friends with my father and a former elite ten who quit Tōtsuki earlier than he should've had. Just like his father, he's unexpected. If I were one of the judges, I'd give him a full score. It's true what they say, like father, like son.