Special Chapter: Tsukasa Eishi's birthday

Note: I never realized that April is in Spring since we don't have one in our country and I really wanted to create a chapter where they celebrate his birthday. So here it is. It's not a crucial part of the story so if you don't want to read it, you can skip it.

...

I woke up feeling dizzy and stared at my clock. 7:45 am. If it were a normal day, I'd be late. Luckily, it's already Spring break.

Finally, a week off. The preparation for the last round luckily takes a week and I got a time off.

I got up from bed and made it before washing my face and brushing my teeth. Then, I went outside of my room. My brother is already in the kitchen, making waffles and omelets.

"I've got it. You can cook tomorrow," Hiroto said. I smiled and hit his back which he glared at me for.

"Thanks, ni-ssan! You're the best. I'll go for a jog before eating."

"Hmm, don't go too far." He poured the pancake batter onto the pan before facing me. "Also, do you have a dress? A clean and formal one?"

I raised my eyebrows. "What for?"

He had an amused face and chuckled before going back to flip the pancakes.

"It's Tsukasa-sama's birthday. His parents have dinner with him later. But for lunch, he's all ours. Rindou-sama threw a small party for him. I'm surprised you didn't know today is his birthday."

My eyes widened while he talked. It's his birthday? He never told me! Wait, I never actually asked but bloody hell, he never told me!

I shook Hiroto's shoulder while he was putting the pancakes on the plates leaving him startled.

"Why. Didn't. You. Tell. Me?!" I asked with pauses in between each word then I messed up my hair. "I don't have a gift!"

"Chill, Cat. You still have time to buy one. The party starts at 12:00 pm. Though, we have to be there at 11:30 am."

I sneered. "Forget breakfast! Forget exercise! I'm going to shop for his gifts. If I eat and exercise, I might not make it on time."

"What? No! I'm not letting you leave without eating anything."

"Just make me a pancake sandwhich and put some water in a bottle. I'll take a shower and change. Do send me the location of the party. I'll just meet you there."

My older brother was left with no choice but to agree to me and within 30 minutes, I'm already fresh and dressed with a big pancake sandwich and a hydro flask in hand.

I put on flat shoes so I can run and walk faster, not needing to change my shoes at the party.

Hiroto poked my forehead and bid me goodbye then I set out on my hunt for Tsukasa-senpai's gift.

...

Traffic was very prominent today. The road is busy, the sounds of horns from cars are louder than usual, and my ride couldn't get past.

Fuck it. It's 9 am! I've been here for over an hour. The uber hardly moves.

Thus, I still gave the driver money and walked out. What to do? Ah-huh! I'm gonna rent a bike.

Luckily, nearby there's a bike rental shop. I rented one and zoomed in the crowd of smokes from different vehicles and finally reached the mall after 20 minutes.

9:20 am. I can do this. I got my bag checked and walked inside quickly. The cold artificial air touched my skin relieving me. Honestly, it's Autumn. How can it be so hot today?