Chapter 10: Training

It's been a week since Tsukasa-senpai's accident. I constantly had to come to the council room to do his paperworks (which of course I had forced him to taught me  how to do) and to take care of him.

Right now, I'm heading there with Kuga-kun who I've started to be close to after the many times I've been in the council's room.

"I'm just saying if you can't handle the spice, then why force it down your throat?" I asked him in the debate we just started.

"Because it's exciting! It's thrilling! You just never get it since you have a low spice tolerance, Caterina!" He retorted.

"Of course I don't understand it. It's not very logical." Someone waved at us while we were walking in the hallways and I saw my company wave back so I had to raise a brow.

"He's a member of my club. Why don't you join?" He answered my unsaid question.

"And end up bald like everyone in your club? No thanks, Kuga." I opened the huge wooden door leading inside the council room and breathe in its silence.

"How peaceful." I smiled.

"I think what you meant is how lonely," a voice stated nearby. "Everyone has classes. Even Rindou is on another one of her hunts in China. Therefore, Hiroto just stayed in his kitchen, leaving me all alone here."

My forehead creased. "My brother has a kitchen?"

"Are you siblings or housemates? You don't sound like you know him," Kuga scoffed.

Rolling my eyes, I replied sarcastically. "I'm sorry that I didn't know I had to know everything about him to be his sister."

I put my finger in my chin. "You know, I often even wonder where he even sleeps or how big those huge black bags under his eyes can be. It makes him look like a racoon, honestly."

"He's Gaara 2.0!" Kuga laughed and I followed with my own laugh.

"Don't talk about things I don't understand. I already feel lonely enough. Don't leave me out," Tsukasa-senpai sulked.

"Is that so? Don't you have classes?" I questioned him, walking nearer to the chair he's sitting at.

"Yes. I'm done with all of them now, since they're all modules. May be it was too easy..."

"What I'm really thinking of is how can you not know Naruto? Do you live under a rock, Tsukasa-senpai?" Kuga mocked.

"W-well...no..." Kuga and I's eyes widened. Seriously?

"I spent my whole life learning how to cook and handle our family business. In my free time, I had to learn how to play the piano and the violin. So I had no time for those things my parents find silly."

I felt sad at that. He sounds like he had such a rough childhood and I think Kuga felt the same way when he looked at me.

"Lucky for you, I have just the solution to your problem!" Kuga grinned, taking his phone out. "I recently bought a Netflix subscription. We can watch the anime they have there. I think they have Naruto. We can start there."

"That's too long, Kuga. Anything shorter?" I stopped him before he starts to play the anime since we don't have the time to watch over 500 episodes today.

"Violet Evergarden?" He showed us the cover of the anime in his phone and I smiled despite Tsukasa-senpai's confusion.

Kuga and I started to set up a small movie room where Tsukasa-senpai is and projected the anime through a new app.