Chapter 25: Peace

NOTE: CHEATING IS WRONG! DO NOT DO IT AND I AM NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO THIS IN CLASS. I SIMPLY WANTED TO USE THIS STORY AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT STUDENTS NORMALLY YET WRONGLY DO.

Please tell me if you feel uncomfortable so I can take it down and change it.

...

I tapped my pen on the table as I try to remember the answers for the test we are taking right now.

"Hey, what's the answer to number 15?" I heard one of my classmates ask to the boy beside her who gave her letter C as an answer.

You'd think cheating is strictly prohibited in a prestigious school like this. Should I tell on them? I don't wanna wage any war.

I returned my attention to my papers and answered the remaining questions that is being asked until the time finally ran out.

"Times up, students!" Professor Jun announced and clapped her hands. She was substituting for our teacher because he was out of town.

We handed our papers and I took my bag before going to my best friend. "Yo, Satoshi?"

He looked at me after taking his bag. "Should I tell on the students I heard awhile back were cheating?"

His eyes widened. "They were? Oh gosh, you better tell on them. Cheating isn't fair."

"You say that as if we didn't cheat on our Physics test last week," I sighed. "It's hyprocrtic that we're going to tell on them when we cheated last time."

"So what should we do?" Satoshi opened the door out and I stepped out with him.

"Nothing. Let fate decide if they should be caught or not. It's not like we'll tell on ourselves just so we can tell on them and not be hyprocrites."

Satoshi sighed. "Just so you know, I feel really bad on that test because you know. But I really didn't know anything because I was so busy for the elections that I didn't get to review."

I patted his back and smiled a little. We then headed to the arena where the next round of the Autumn elections will be held.

...

I watched as Hayama-kun presented his delicious burger to the judges. Its aroma caging the entire arena.

"I want one," I pouted.

"Ask him for one then," Satoshi replied and laughed as he watched me devour the burger through my eyes.

After just awhile, Hayama-kun was decided to be the winner and I saw poor Hisako walking out of the arena from disappointment.

"That poor girl," Satoshi said, his empathy once again rising to the surface.

"What did I tell you yesterday? Don't pity on the loser. That makes them a real loser, idiot."

"Ouch," Satoshi laughed and I followed suit.

He looked at me before talking again. "But you must've had an idea Hayama-kun will win, right?"

"Naturally. I helped him to prepare yesterday and I saw the great difference in their skills. But that doesn't change the fact that I love Hisako's specialty. It's a lot built with care since they're meant to be a remedy and boost for a person."

"Oh? Do you want that as medicinal cooking as your specialty?" I shook my head.

"I don't have an interest in building a specialty that really screams as my own. I'm an artist, Satoshi. Not, a chef."