Chapter 8: Unusual

I didn't want this day to come. But, it did. Spring breaks. I don't want to come home in Italy especially now that our head maid texted me that my parents began fighting more.

I'm not really in the mood to be a peacemaker.

That's why I decided to sign up for the spring elections. The risk is very high. If I don't make it in the 30 students chosen for the elections, I'll stain my family's name and probably won't be able to handle the shame. But the advantages it has for me overtook the risk.

"I'm glad you've decided to join!" Isshiki happily said. He handed me a paper that when I checked contained the information when will I be cooking for Erina.

"Are you joining?" I asked and looked at him.

He shook his head. "May be next year. I'm too busy for the autumn elections. But, Kuga and Kinokuni joined. You'll be seeing them more."

"You sound too confident that I'll pass." I sighed.

"That's because I believe in you! I know you don't have any passion for this but you've got the skills. One day, you'll learn to love cooking as much as you love art." He grinned.

"I don't think that "one day" will happen but sure thing." I took my bag from where I left it before talking again. "I've got to go, Isshiki. I have a shoot today."

"Good luck! Remember to feel confident because?" He shouted when I was a bit far away from him.

"Because I'm beautiful!" I shouted back and smiled.

...

I opened the door to the studio I was shooting at and entered my dressing room.

"Morning, Ayaka-san," I greeted my stylist.

"Good morning to you too, Caterina!" She began to take out her brushes and make-up and after a while was successful to put them all in the vanity.

I sat down in front of the vanity and she started putting concealer and liquid foundation in my eyebags and cheeks.

"Didn't sleep well last night?" She asked with a tone of concern.

"Yeah. I was thinking about this school program I'll be joining. It's honestly such a hassle," I replied with my eyes closed.

"A school program, huh? You know, my four year old son joined a dancing competition in school too. You have no idea how surprised and happy I was to find out he had a talent for dancing," she said proudly. "Anyways, as long as you want to join and it's your decision, you'll be fine."

"Right," I said weary. If I don't pass, I'll officially be disowned.

"By the way, another model is going to be here today. He's modeling for a cooking magazine. Plus, he's the cover! I even heard the entire magazine is about him," she gossiped.

"Why in here? I model clothing lines. That doesn't sit right," I said, confused.

"I don't really know. The boy asked to model here instead of his school. Said he wants to see someone who works here. I think the studio just agreed since he's a big shot." She giggled.

"Talk about privileges," I whispered.

I didn't mind about the boy anymore and just focused on getting make-up on my face.

...

When I was finally done with my make-up, I dressed in the first dress Ayaka-san handed me.

The first dress is a boho A-line lace long dress covered in hundreds of sparkly stars that also features a deep V-neck, long illusion sleeves, and a stylish train. It's meant to embody the stars. They call it "A hundred starlights."