Chapter 13: The Spring Elections

Two days has passed since my evaluation with Erina. Right in front of our coffee table sat the envelope which contains my future, the elite ten's response.

"Just open it. You'll feel better once you know the result," Hiroto said while sipping his morning coffee.

He looks like an old man like that.

"What if I didn't pass?" Fear crept up to my veins as I stare at the envelope.

"What if you did? C'mon, don't be so negative, imouto." He stood up and went near me and took the envelope before opening it.

"Shit..." My eyes closed as I started walking to my room to pack my things.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Hiroto asked, confused to where I'm heading.

I stopped and turned back to him. "Another country. I'll start a new life there. May be change my name."

My brother deadpanned at me. "Quit being a drama queen, princess!" He rolled his eyes then tossed me the envelope. I caught it in my hands and sighed.

"Open it." He gestured for me to open it and I did while looking away. I slowly looked at it and inhaled big then exhaled before reading it.

Dear Miss Moretti,

      It is my deepest honor to write this letter to you to inform you that you have made it to the Spring elections. You are one of the chosen 30 students who will compete in two weeks to this magnificent, life changing event. I also want to inform you that since Saito Somei have gave you a special pass, you are hereby exempted from the first round and will be going directly to the second as a special competitor. Congratulations and good luck!

                                     Sincerely,
                                 Tsukasa Eishi
                               1st seat, Elite Ten

What? Saito-senpai did what?

My eyes turned into saucers. I couldn't believe that I would get one of those special free passes! Like...I don't think I deserve it!

My brother walked near me and ruffled my hair. He smiled softly.

"Congrats, imouto! I'll go and give dad a call so we can all celebrate! You earned this!"

But before he can go to his room and get his phone, I stopped him by holding to his long sleeves. I looked up to him. "T-this is real, i-isn't it?"

"Yes, it is! I was surprised too! I thought that if anyone would do that it'd be your closest friends since they know about your skills more than anyone. But hey, let's not complain about it. Just thank Saitō-san. Besides, I'm sure he gave you that pass because he knows you deserve it."

He gave me a hug before leaving and I sat at a chair in our dining table.

Wow...

I passed...

...

After weeks of training, I've finally made it to the Spring elections. A crowd is formed at the stadium as they cheer and watch us compete in the most awaited school program for the second years.

"Welcome to this year's Spring Elections! I'm your host, Kawashima Urara," the emcee started, giving the audience a wink that made the boys faint.

Idiots.

"We have here 30 students competing for this year's Spring elections! Three of which received a special pass to the second round from three members of the elite ten! Please step forward as I call your name and sit at the bench nearby as you wait for the first round to finish," the bubbly emcee said.

She was handed a clipboard before coughing and reading them out loud. "First up! Akashi Ayaka, the student our very own Kobayashi Rindou supports!"

A girl with teal colored hair reaching 'till the mid of her back and grey eyes came forward with wave of her hand before continuing going to the bench.

"Next, Fukuda Zoro! Supported by the first seat of the elite ten, Tsukasa Eishi!" Roars embraced the stadium as the people cheered for the boy the highest member of the elite ten supported.

They probably think he'll win already. Considering who supported him.

I heard steps walk forward as the audience silenced themselves and I saw a handsome tall tanned man with green hair and dark eyes like an abyss. He does look like Zoro. How fitting.

He walked with a hand on his pocket and sat beside the girl from before in the bench.

"And finally, last but not least! Moretti Caterina! She was supported by our samurai chef, Saito Somei!"

I stepped forward and smiled humbly to the people as my friends and family cheered me on. I sat beside the boy named Zoro and put my hands on my lap as I watch the first round unravel.

"The first round, farming! This is pretty easy! It was arranged by our seventh seat, Ishhiki Satoshi. I'll let him have the mike." Kawashima-kun handed Isshiki the mike and he smiled at her. I watched her fawn over him as people clapped after his arrival and I did the same.

"Thank you, Urara-kun." My best friend took the mike and faced the crowd cheering for him. "Now, please settle down. Farming is one of my specialties. It's a hobby that I throughly enjoy, thus I suggested that we made the first round like this. In addition, Farming is a part of cooking since without it, we will never have the crops, vegetables, fruits, etc. we need for cooking."

Isshiki pointed to the gate of the huge stadium. "We don't have much time to make you 27 students farm on your own. Thus, we already did it for you. Now, this task. What shall you do? It's simple, out there is a maze full of different vegetables, fruits, and crops, anything you might need. Take as much as you want. You'll use that for the third and final round. You have approximately until 3:00 pm to come back here with all your goods that you will gather using these wheelbarrow, one for each of you. I bid you good luck! Failure to arrive here on time and you will be eliminated from the Spring elections!"

The students immediately took their wheelbarrows and pushed themselves out to go the maze after the staff handed them a map to go around the maze. The huge TV screen in front of us flashed, showing different students plucking different crops.

"How feral," Fukuda-kun mumbled as he smirked.

"You look too smug for my liking," Akashi-kun rudely stated and turned her head away from the boy between us who scoffed at her.

"So where do you think are the elites who joined?" I asked to try to ease the tension.

"I heard they're competing with us to final round. But right now, they're facing special problems that will be shown later on," Akashi-kun answered me. This isn't special enough?

After what she said, the other screen flashed and there was Kuga and Kinokuni-san fighting for their ingredients through fencing with each other.

The fuck? Who thought of that?

Loud cheers for the two bellowed the entire place as I observe them carefully. If anything, Kinokuni-san will win. She's very flexible which gives her a huge advantage over Kuga. But Kuga, he knows that. Thus, that's why he keeps distracting her and pulling out smart tactics.

I guess they really aren't elites for nothing.

"Up on the other screen is two other competitors. Kinokuni Nene, the sixth seat and Kuga Terunori, the eight seat! Who will come out as the victor in their battle for ingredients? Cast your votes on our school's website and get a chance to have special meet up with the seventh seat, Isshiki Satoshi!" Kawashima-kun said, pointing her hand to the second screen.

So they used Isshiki as a bait? Huh, that's what he gets for tricking me last time.

The battles on the different screen continued to unravel as I watch them, nervously. So this is the Spring elections...

How wild...