Chapter 24: Unpredictable

The next part of the Autumn elections soon began. It started with a food duel between Nakiri Alice and Yukihira-kun.

So that's her name, huh? Alice. Her name's Western just like her mother's and her skin, so fair. But what really stands out is her ruby eyes. She's very beautiful.

As it turns out Kurikiba Ryo is also her secretary which, I find odd since he's a better chef based on the preliminaries.

Hmm, may be I shouldn't judge too early. Besides, what's the need to compare when they're both great chefs? But, isn't that exactly the point of this academy?

The theme of their food war is Bento. I've always loved bento since my brother always prepared one for me whenever he's in Italy. It's a very warming experience.

I watched the two chefs cook and serve their dishes and just after seeing both of their dishes, I figured who would win.

The winner was Yukihira Sōma! Well played, Nakiri-kun.

Up next was Megumi-kun and Kuribiba Ryo. A chef who's staple is her warm and kind dishes and a chef who's staple is his wild and extreme flavors that can be tasted in his food. Who will win?

The aroma of the delicious ramens they were making thrafted in the air and I felt hunger.

"They're making me hungry," I said and turned to Satoshi.

He nodded. "They're very talented. Both of them especializes in seafood so it's rather interesting to watch them. Who do you think will win?"

I sighed. "After watching them cook, I have an idea who would win. But that doesn't mean the loser is any worth less than the winner."

"You have such a good eye and taste for judging food, do you know? Sometimes, it seems that you have something like the god's tounge or Hayama-kun's powerful nose."

I never realized that. I shrugged.

After a two hours, the winner was declared Kurikiba Ryo just as I expected.

Satoshi sighed. "Poor Megumi."

I elbowed him. "Hey, don't pity her. A real chef doesn't need pity. That's an insult. She's already talented. She just needs to hone her talent more."

Satoshi smiled and later on he left to arrange a few things for tomorrow's continuation of the Autumn elections' second round.

I walked away from the area and just as I had left, I was met with Eishi.

"Where you going, senpai?" I asked him.

He was panting from running and I happened to have a handkerchief in my pockets so I gave it to him.

"Take it and wipe yourself. You're sweaty." He shyly took it and wiped away his sweat.

"Are you off to an elite 10 business like usual? You seem to be in a hurry."

He shook his head and handed me the handkerchief, now all sticky. When it registered to him how unclean it is, he put it down and looked away.

"Uhh, sorry. I'll get it washed."

I laughed and took it from him. "No problem. I can wash it."

"What?! Don't! It's dirty and it probably stinks!"

"Nah! I think even your sweat smells like your expensive perfume," I chuckled.

"Is that suppose to be a compliment or an insult?" He confusedly questioned.