Chapter 22: A Change of Heart

Note: I'm in shambles. I got all the chapters and timeline mixed up so I'm not sure if this is the correct timeline and stuff. Please bare with me. I haven't watch Food Wars in a long time 😭 but I am planning to rematch it again.

Note: I actually made this way back but I forgot to post it and I became very busy with school and I will continue to be very busy with school so I'll only be able to update, sometimes. But still, I will update. Thank you for all my readers who keep supporting this story! <33

After I sent my parents back home, my brother and I really did eat the cake he bought a while ago. Then, we played Valorant before going to bed and ending the day.

The next day, classes are to be resumed for the second years and the Spring elections and the Spring break are both officially over.

But then again, only the competitors of the Spring elections had a month long break for the event. Meaning, we're at a disadvantage. That's why they gave us + points for winning. Better luck next time if you didn't win. You'll have to cram every night.

Well back to the matters at hand, Spring has finally ended and the Autumn elections for the first years will finally begin. They'll be releasing the names of whoever made the competition and most of my friends being in the elite ten became very busy.

So, I'm just hanging out with Fukuda-kun and Akashi-kun during breaks. Right now is one of them, lunch break.

"I'm just saying they should've given us a heads up about this project! We were at Spring elections for a month! Damn, Kaneki-sensei!" Fukuda-kun ranted, angry.

I stared at him as I take a bite of my Dorayaki. I ignored his continued rants and decided to sketch the next painting I wanted to paint.

"Moretti-kun?" I heard Akashi-kun call for me. I hummed to let her know that I'm listening.

"Wanna be partners for the project?" I looked up to her. She gave me a small smile and I shrugged and agreed to her offer.

"Sure. It's a great deal to be partners with the Spring queen."

She rolled her eyes. "I know, right?"

"You arrogant bitch!" Akashi-kun and I looked back to Fukuda-kun and sighed in unison.

"May be you should go ahead and look for a partner," I suggested.

"Forget about that. With that temper and arrogance of his, he'll never get a decent partner," Akashi-kun mocked our green haired friend that led to their argument.

I sighed once again. Why did I agree to be friends with such idiots?

I stood up. "Let's go. I wanna check the list of the Autumn elections' competitors."

They finally stopped arguing and followed me like a puppy, just as curious as me to know the competitors.

On our way there, many students congratulated us, especially Akashi-kun and I smiled in gratitude to the people who did.

When we arrived at the place, a mob of students spread throughout the area and I saw a red head boy
talking to a blonde boy and walked towards them.

"What are you doing, Yukihira-kun?" I asked in an emotionless voice.

"Ahh, Moretti-senpai! I heard you won second place at the Spring Elections. Congratulations!" Yukihira-kun grinned while I flinched at the word "second."

I thanked him before raising my eyebrows to the boy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. "You are?"

He struggled to speak and beside him is a boy with brown hair and the similar bright blue eyes as the blonde haired boy that's barely visible. Are they siblings?

"A-Aldini Takumi!" He answered with a stutter.

I bowed my head to him. "Moretti Caterina. It's nice to meet you, my dear kouhai."

"You sound like Ishhiki-senpai when you talk like that," Yukihira-kun mumbled and I giggled.

"Do I?" He pursed his lips and nodded. I giggled again.

"I'm Aldini Isami. The younger brother of Aldini Takumi. It's an honor to meet you, Moretti-senpai," the boy beside Takumi introduced himself and bowed his head. Hmm, the brother with manners.

I bowed my head again and introduced myself again when he suddenly took out a small piece of paper and a pen.

"You're a model and the heiress of Casa di Moretti, aren't you? My brother is a huge fan of yours. Can I get your autograph?" Isami-kun asked and handed me the pen and paper.

"I-Isami!" His brother tried to intervene, seemingly embarrassed but I already took the pen paper and signed.

"I'm flattered. Thank you, Takumi-kun and Isami-kun." I gave them a small smile.

A blush formed on the pale cheeks of the older twin and he looked away and took the paper from his brother before running away. How cute and funny.

Isami-kun and I giggled and the younger twin thanked me before following his brother, not without a string of teases.

I turned back to Yukihira-kun. "Did you make it in the Autumn elections?"

He nodded. "Are up for that challenge now?"

"Am I? May be if you win, Yukihira-kun," I said, surprised that I actually agreed, or at least said a may be.

I laughed at myself. Wow, he is influencing me to actually like cooking again. That same boy who can't satisfy my palette? I'm ridiculous.

"I'll expect you on that, Moretti-senpai!"

"Just as long as the loser doesn't have to be expelled." I waved my hand and went away and the last I heard was the shout of a yes.

I walked around and checked the lists when I saw Hayama-kun and decided to call him.

"Hayama-kun!"

The handsome boy I called turned his head to me, the person who called him and walked towards me.

"Moretti-senpai, is there anything you need?"

"So serious as usual!" I hit his shoulder as he continued looking at me blankly. I coughed. "So did you get in the Autumn elections?"

"Naturally," He answered arrogantly.

I laughed at his tone. "Good. Let's train together after school. I need to learn more about spices. You need to be more friendly." I pointed a finger to him after my declaration.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "I thought that you don't like cooking so much." I gestured for him to continue. "According to Jun. You told her."

"Hmm..." I turned my back away from him. "What? I can't have a change of heart? I'll come by later. Tell professor, I missed her."

I finally walked away and on the way back to class I saw my two friends desperately trying to look for me.

They lectured me how bad of a friend I am for always leaving them behind and in turn I teased them that I'm just trying to get them together.

I walked ahead of them as they defended that they would never like each other. I smirked. Yeah, convince yourselves.

I looked up at the glorious vast blue sky and the clouds that almost covered its beauty.

A change of heart? That's not true. I've always liked cooking. I simply didn't want it to make me feel less and finally, someone just had to make me start to love the one thing avoid.

...

Thank you for 500+ reads! I hope to actually make interesting chapters for all of you and of course, thank you for reading this chapter! 'Till next time! <33