Chapter 28: Dislike

I sat at our couch staring off into space ever since I arrived at our dorm.

Why was Eishi with Akashi-kun?

I shook my head. I had no right butting into their business.

My heart stung when I realized that but I really can't do anything about it so I simply decided to do what I love doing when I'm stressed or bored or happy or sad, I paint.

I draw over the easel first before painting the sketch with different shades. It's a painting of a man and a woman together while another woman is watching them. A painting of what happened awhile ago from another perspective.

I sighed. This isn't helping me. Why am I feeling this way? They're just talking.

I stood up and cleaned the area where I had painted and store my art supplies and painting away into my room.

At the perfect timing, the door opened and my brother spew of it. "I'm home."

"Ni-ssan!" I greeted excitedly and hugged him tightly, burying my head into his neck.

"What's wrong?" I heard him ask, his voice laced with concern. It's amazing how he knows I don't feel good this simple.

"Nothing. Why would you think something is wrong?" I lied after I released him from my hug he didn't return.

"I have a feeling. Besides, you're too clingy, at least more than usual?" He placed his bag down and gestured for me to follow him to the kitchen.

I followed him and he sat down on our stool making me do the same.

"What happened?"

I slumped my head over the counter and stared at my brother. "You promise you won't be mad?"

His face crumpled and his eyes coated in more worry. He slowly nodded his head. "I'll do my best."

"I like someone."

Silence filled the kitchen after my confession whilist Hiro simply stared at me.

"Who?" I ignored his question and began telling him what happened instead.

"I saw the person I like with another girl. I feel weird and I..."

"You're jealous," my brother concluded but I retaliated.

"No. I'm not. I don't have the right to be."

He smiled sadly. "Of course you do. You like him. Even if you're not in a relationship, you're allowed to be jealous because you like him."

I blinked. "Unless it's a her? I wouldn't mind. In fact, it'll ease me more."

My eyes widened. "Girls are more sensitive than boys. That's scientifically reasoned too if you think that I'm just being stereotypical. Because girls are more sensitive, they understand feelings much better and hurt others less than boys. But in no way am I saying that boys can't be the same nor do they feel nothing. It's just the more common thing."

I chuckled. "Sorry to burst your bubble, ni-ssan. He's a he."

He sighed, disappointed. "Is he Tsukasa-sama?"

I couldn't reply to him. I'm too obvious, huh?

"I'll be honest with you. I don't like him for you."

I closed my eyes before opening them again. "Is it because he's the boy you deem Rindou-senpai likes? But...I know you would never be someone to hold that against someone. So what's the actual reason, Hiro?"

He sighed then combed his red luscious hair. "His personality is too complicated. Don't be mistaken. He's nice but at the same time, I could say he's not. I warned you about him before for a reason, Cat. He's the type of person who would do anything to get what he wants even if it means invalidating how others feel."

While my brother was explaining, bit by bit my eyes widened and my heart hammered into my chest.

"W-what made you think he's like that?" I asked, nervous.

"It's best if you ask him about it. The story I know is only from my perspective and when I tried to ask him and Rindou-sama about it...well, let's just say I didn't like their answers."

My brother stood up and patted my shoulder. "I just don't want you to be hurt. That's why he's the least person I want you to like romantically."

I slowly nodded my head despite still being nervous and confused. What had Eishi done to make my brother dislike him for me?

But...even if I like him, does he like me back? What does he feel about me?

Hiroto went off to cook dinner and I simply decided to go to my bedroom, to think, to meditate, when my phone made a sound indicating someone had texted me.

When I saw who had texted me I had to calm down myself before I can reply.

Eishi-senpai: Caterina, good day...
Eishi-senpai: Do you have some free time tonight? I want to take you somewhere.

Even though I didn't know if I could still trust him, even if my mind told me to not go, I followed what my heart wants and replied to him,

Me: Where? I'll be there.