Chapter 16: The Cold Hard News

I wake up and get dressed, put on my make-up, and do my hair. I go to detention. I honestly want to get this over. Everything changes when I see my boyfriend slash teacher sitting at his desk. My thoughts get a little nasty. I shake my head and I walk towards him. I sit at a desk and wait for Hera to walk through the door. Fortunately, she never shows. I hear the door open and close but no one walks through the door. I have a feeling Hera is in here, just hiding.

I go with my instincts. "Professor Lupin, she's not coming. Can we please start grading or whatever you're going to have me do?" Luckily Remus caught on.

"Of course, miss McNair. Here's your assignment." He levitates papers to me. "Find mistakes and errors on the papers. Remember if you give the people you don't like bad grades on purpose. Another month of detention is your consequence. Also, the school knows your detention is with me. So, I will explain to them that you're the one who gave them the bad grades." I sigh.

"Yes, sir."

I have been grading the papers, when I get to Hera's paper. "Professor Lupin, you gave me Hera's paper on purpose, didn't you?" I accuse Remus, I figure if Hera is here she'll hear that I'm grading her paper, on purpose.

"Yes, I want to see if you can keep you emotions about Hera in check. I roll my eyes, I make a plan to draw her out. However, it might get me detention. I mark everything and put it on the side.

"Professor, she marked everything!" We hear her yell. I look like I'm shocked.

I look around and see Hera appear out of no where. "Where did you come from?" I ask.

"Miss, Vermont, did you use the cloak of invisibility to sneak around?" Remus asks, I don't smile, but I want to so badly.

"Uh... No?" I look at Hera. Remus walks to her and picks up the cloak.

"Then what's this?" Hera looks like she is thinking of a way out of this. "There is no use lying. I gave you a chance to tell me the truth and you lied. I gave you a chance to have detention with me, because you seemed to be sincere, but you chose to do something this despicable. You stole from your professor and used it to spy. Who else did you use this on?"

"No one." Remus rubs his eyebrow.

"Detention, one month. You will also finish your detention with Filch starting tomorrow. No more chances."

Remus turns to me and checks her paper. "Miss McNair, one more month of detention." I go to object. "I warned you this will be your consequence, you ignored me." I lower my head, in defeat. Hera sits down. Remus gives her, her pile and waves his wand at the door. The door locks, he soundproofs the room. We quietly do our jobs correctly.

After detention, I walk out. Hera walks out and tries to stop me. I keep going when she blocks my path. "I need your help." I squint at her. She pulls me into an empty room and puts a soundproof up. "I need to tell you something, but you have to hear me out." I agree. "I'm... I'm..." Hera is having a hard time.

"Hera looks either you tell me or..."

"I'm the daughter of Voldemort and Bellatrix." I'm silenced with her words. I stare at her. "I sent you that vision of me killing that man. I know that if you're anything like you parents then you will receive it."

"You want to kill Harry Potter." I say, she shakes her head.

"No, they want to kill them. I only agreed to please my mother. I'm trying to earn their trust. But, it's failing, all I know is that there is a war coming and it is going to start with your parents death. They think by killing your parents they will get rid of all threats to kill Harry. You have to stop them." I glare at her.