Chapter 18: Our Home

When all is said and done. We are all ok. After I wake up I go to Remus' office. I see him packing."Hello, Celeste."I stop at his door looking at him confused. He points to the map. "I saw you coming." I continue into his office.

"You've been sacked." I say, he chuckles.

"No, I haven't been sacked. I've resigned, actually."

"Why?"

"It seems that somebody let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving and parents will not want a, um... well, someone like me teaching their children." I touch his face, he whinces. I drop my hand right away. Dakota really did a number on his face with her claws.

"You are the most qualified teacher I know. If you feel like this is the best course of action I will support it." I say, my eyes start to water.

"What's wrong, love?" Remus asks.

"This was all for nothing. My parents death make a difference." I sob.

"Didn't make a difference? Love, it made a great deal of difference. They died so Harry can live, they knew you and the rest of us would stop Peter in time. We will find the traitor. Come here." He pulls me into a hug. I sob harder into his chest.

"I miss them, so much."

~Little time skip~

After I cry into his chest I look around. I listen to the song that's playing. "This song is nice." I say, Remus grabs my hand and postions us into a dancing pose. We start to dance to the song. Every movement is passionate, yet graceful. When the song is over, we seperate.

"Meet me at the three broomsticks." He walks out, I'm left with his stuff alone.

~Time Skip~

Before we go to the three broomsticks, Dumbledore tells me he is to become my guardian. I was my parents wishes. When we arrive at the three broomsticks. I see Remus, so I sit on his lap after reaching him. I kiss him passionately, he kisses me back with just as much passion. Lily brakes us up and pulls me to the back and has me dress in the same dress she let me borrow the night I couldn't sleep and wandered the halls.

I giggle at the memories

I giggle at the memories. "Lily, what's going on?" I ask.

"Stay in this room." She smiles as she walks out. I look around and see the room looks like we're celebrating something. Lily comes back and leads me outside.

Lily where..." Before I can finish my sentence, I see Remus standing at the spot we kissed for the second time. But the first will always be my secret. Remus looks nervous. I walk to him, his focus is placed on me. I see his necklace over his shirt. I get to his and he takes my hand.

"Celeste McNair, I have always alone. I thought that's what was best. I didn't think I would have met anyone who would accept me for who I am, not until I met you. You accepted me and loved me, despite us being student and teacher. When I seen you on that train I thought, 'I need to meet her.' I tried to fight my urge to kiss you back that night you first kissed me here. Finally, I couldn't do it anymore and went for you. So, I have one question for you." I look at him confused. He kneels on one knee and opens a box. I gasp as I look at the ring. I then look at him. "Will you Celeste Belle McNair, marry me." My eyes start to water from all the joy I have.