Chapter Six: A Century

*95 Years Later - 2021*

It's been over a century since Dream had been imprisoned, and I was basking in the chaos his absence brought. The years to me had been kind, and refreshing to say the least. The second World War lasted a few more years than the first. Shame it ended, Hilter was something else. Technology also advanced, we had the internet, mobile phones, computers. At first it was something you see out of a movie. But I adapted to the world around me. Humanity was the same as it was thousands of years ago, but you couldn't get away with murder like it was. There was some form of justice now.

I walked along the busy walk side of New York, it was a cool night, and not a spot of rain. However, I spoke too soon, peering up into the sky and noticed clouds began to form, and cast over the city. These were not natural, it was abnormal. Suddenly, rain began to pour from the heavens, and as a single drop fell onto my face, I had a feeling wash over me like a wave. I stopped in the middle of the path, and looked back in front of me, a smug smirk tugging at my lips.

"Finally free," I mumbled to myself, as Dream had sprung from his cage. It was bound to happen sooner or later. His realm would be decayed and lost without him. Dreams and Nightmares running free in the waking world. But now with him free, and attending to his realm once again, the Chaos it brought would begin to fade from this world. Maybe dropping in on Dream would be a nice surprise for him. Plus, I always wanted to see the Dreaming.

I cocked my head to the right, seeing an alleyway which was empty. I pushed my hands into my jacket pocket, and dashed towards the alleyway. Once I was further in, and hidden behind some bins. I placed both of my hands in front of me, and one big giant ball of red energy came to life, before thrusting my hand out. The ball zoomed from my palm, and a few inches in front of me, as a red vortex sprouted open. Through the swirls of the vortex, I could make out the throne room of Dream's palace, but it was all blurred. I didn't haste and walked forward, entering the vortex, and my sights bent and swirled. Travelling to different realms was always funny.

I was spat out into the throne room, the vortex behind me snapped up once I stepped on the spiral stairs. I cast my eyes around the environment I was in. Rubble was everywhere, glass shards scattered. It was in complete disarray, and I was loving it.

"So, this is the Dreaming. His realm," I mumbled to myself, seeing that it was massive, and would be nice to make a home here. Down below, I could hear faint speech, meaning someone was talking. I stood in the middle of his spiral staircase, before the actual thing did a spiral, and noticed Dream, and one of his servants. He was crouching down and picked up a glass shard from one of the many windows he had. He held onto the shard and stood back up. I was facing his back, as he slowly began to raise his hands up. The shards of glass, the pieces of rumble, stone, all began to float into the air. As if he was trying to rebuild what was damaged, and place it back like it was before he was captured.

I watched with caution, seeing that some of the rumble went back into place, but he was struggling to finish the job. I noticed the straining that this mere task placed on him, and that of the things he was levitating. They shook violently, before he collapsed to the ground, and the whole rubble fell around him.