Chapter Fourteen: The Truth

*Violent Warning*

*Violent Warning*

*Chaos Realm*

     Vassilis spent day after day in the Queen's dungeon. Being ruthlessly tortured without a second to breath or gather his bearings. Lady Chaos sought his treatment, doing everything herself. It was mostly to get all that anger out of her, all that rage into something productive. Matthias had asked so many times for his release, but she always declined his request.

A month passed since his arrival, and Lady Chaos stood at the bars of his cell. He was bloody, drained, pale, all the things you would see a broken man with. The torture was physical and mental, she had the power to enter his mind and make him see his worse nightmares. She was basking in the pleasure it brought.

"Knock knock," she tapped her index finger on the bar of the cell. Vassilis was so physically weak that he could not raise his head to look up to Lady Chaos. "How are you finding your stay? Pleasant?" She was mocking his imprisonment, living in his pain. "Maybe it is time for you to decide," Vassilis frowns, managing to raise his head up to meet the Queen's gaze.

"Wha-What," his voice was low and grouchy.

"You intended to capture me and use me to get what you wanted. Wealth, power, lasting life," Lady Chaos spoke, gripping both of her hands onto the metal bars. "What if I gave them to you. And you leave this place and never come back?" She was offering him a way out, a way to get all the things he wanted. She could see in his eyes that they suddenly beamed with life.

"Yes," he exclaims, finding the energy to put into the word.

"You just got to do one little thing for me," she declared, a wicked smirk dancing across her lips, finding the plan she had conjured evil to say the least. But also eye opening.

"Of course," he breathed out as a small chuckle left his mouth. "What is it," he states, eyeing up the Queen as her smile widens.

"Matthias, your conspirator. He is here, in this realm as my prisoner like you," Vassilis eyes widened in shock, he didn't think that his friend would still be alive. "If you kill him, carve out his heart and hand it to me. Everything you want will be yours. Simple as that. He's been here a long time," Lady Chaos was direct, giving Vassilis the opportunity to kill his student and claim what is his. "I'll let you think about it," she states, lifting her hands from the cell bars and wanders away from the prison.

Vassilis sat on the stone floor, chained to the wall, he was weak but had enough strength for what he must do. He thought of Matthias as a son, and they became friends. But he couldn't take much more of this, the Queen was ruthless, and it would never end. Vassilis's mind was already made up, it was made up when she offered the task. If Matthias had to die. So be it...

........................

A month or so passed, Lady Chaos ceased the torture on Vassilis due to the fact he agreed to her task. She was indeed pleased, offered a man what he wanted, he would jump at the opportunity.